1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Mercedes CLS63 AMG S
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's the thing.

Purchased a new 08 ESV in Feb of 08....

One month after getting it, one day I started driving, notice that the car didn't make any bonging noises. Turn the radio on, and only the speakers in the back turn on, the front speakers, and subwoofer at the front do not turn on, also turning signals work, but the ticking noise doesn't play or whatever.

-Speakers/Sub in front do not work
-Bonging sound for no seatbelt/keys left in ignition doesn't happen
-Turning signal ticking noise stops.

So I drive around, try turning the car on/off it does nothing. I let it sit in my garage for 20 minutes, and then BAM everything is working.

Took it into the dealership a week after, they told me everything is fine, and that shouldn't happen, (as in I'm on crack).

Here I am 1 and a half years later. It happened again. EXACT same symptoms. Turning off/on does nothing. I turn it off and let it sit for 20 minutes, and BAM it works again...

Does ANYONE know what this could be?

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
Electrical gremlin. I say that kind of thing is the result of too many computers/green boards and fancy electronics. I'm glad it's working again. Hopefully it will be another year before it does it again. :hide:

My 03 did weird things like that on occasion. It's annoying but benign, and it never happens when you're actually AT the dealer. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Electrical gremlin. I say that kind of thing is the result of too many computers/green boards and fancy electronics. I'm glad it's working again. Hopefully it will be another year before it does it again. :hide:

My 03 did weird things like that on occasion. It's annoying but benign, and it never happens when you're actually AT the dealer. :rolleyes:
I'm just getting worried...

Since I've gotten my vehicle, I've put 55,000KM on it. The warranty is almost done I think.... (I'm going to check later what it is up to, but if anyone knows the max km for warranty that would help me looking it up).

I just don't want everything to blow up right after warranty is done.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Put the crack pipe down and slowly step back, just kidding. That is a weird one, you don't have Ipod lockpick do you? I had all 3 of my 07' Escalade's in the first month of ownership had the wipers and washers go crazy for several minutes, as long as 5 minutes, full washer and the fastest wiper speed, turning the wiper controls did nothing, turning the truck off only stopped it until the truck was restarted, then as the problem came it went away that fast NEVER to happen again. It did not happen on my 08' or 09'

·
Registered
'07 Escalade ESV AWD
248 Posts
It's annoying but benign, and it never happens when you're actually AT the dealer. :rolleyes:
It NEVER happens when you're at the dealer. I hate when you look at the repair order when you pick it up and it says that the technician couldn't repeat the same problem...

D'oh!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have no electrical mod's whatsoever.

The truck is fully loaded. and haven't touched anything...

Keep in mind, this happened to my first stereo that shipped with the truck. And today was the second time it's happened with the second Nav stereo (they replaced it a year ago because the ink was fading).

As for the dude with the wipers going nuts. I noticed that if I'm driving in apocolyptic rain/end of world conditions, the wipers go to this Mach speed. Maybe your rain sensor thought it was the end of the world. My wipers have only gone to this super duper mach speed maybe 3 times since I've owned it, and it didn't matter if the wipers were on or not, it was automatic. Keep in mind, for my wipers to do this, there was soooooo much rain that it was as if my vehicle was under water....

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,766 Posts
My blinkers intermittently decide not to click. I don't really care, other than I wish they would consistently do something (ie. always click or never click". Now, I find myself paying too much attention waiting to see what they decide to do on a given turn. :hmm:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My blinkers intermittently decide not to click. I don't really care, other than I wish they would consistently do something (ie. always click or never click". Now, I find myself paying too much attention waiting to see what they decide to do on a given turn. :hmm:
The only time my turning signals don't make the clicking sound is:

1) This problem I listed above happens...

or

2) If I'm getting the bonging sound for not wearing my seatbelts and I'm turning, they wont while it's bonging... I love it though, mwhaha people ask me about it... I'm just like... Cadillac's are all digital baby!

·
Registered
2008 EXT; 2016 CTS 3.6
1 Posts
I had the same problem with my 08 EXT...took it to the dealership and they said it was a bad amp. They said they have rec'd a tech bulletin on it so they replaced it...they could not duplicate it either but the symptoms I gave were what were reported with others.

·
Registered
2009 Escalade
225 Posts
It NEVER happens when you're at the dealer. I hate when you look at the repair order when you pick it up and it says that the technician couldn't repeat the same problem...

D'oh!
HATE THAT! HAS HAPPENED TO ME MORE THAN ONCE. Now I just try to deal with it until something major goes wrong, so far the caddy has been good to me!

·
Registered
Escalade
5 Posts
Same thing happened to me. No click from the turn signals, subs went dead and no beep from the parking sensors. SA told me there was a bulletin on this topic (or very similar as he found it) that required a software update. Since the software update it has not done it. Hope this helps someone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts