Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had very heavy snowfall over here during the night. I had to dig the Range Rover out of its ruts this morning :ill: We have massive drifts in places, and I have managed to get the driveway cleared, but the roads arent much better. Looks like a day in for me :bigroll: the wife has gone shopping with the Phaeton, because it has four wheel drive she feels safer, and I'm not going anywhere...

This is our first heavy snowfall of the season. How bad is it in the States everyone?

·
Registered
03 Escalade, 06 SRX
6,888 Posts
What do you consider a big snowfall? Is it inches or feet? I always liked to look out the windows into the woods with a cup of coffee sitting in my rocking chair and a great book. Nothing like being snowed in.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
boombotz said:
What do you consider a big snowfall? Is it inches or feet? I always liked to look out the windows into the woods with a cup of coffee sitting in my rocking chair and a great book. Nothing like being snowed in.
Across most of our patch its about 8- 12 inches. THats heavy for the UK.

It has drifted in corners and ditches to about 4-5ft.

I have to pop out soon to run some errands, I have a feeling I'm going to be out a while. I love snow, but not when I'm busy

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
boombotz said:
I agree the snow sucks when you have things to get done. It doesn't help any when the area you live in is not use to a snowfall of that size.
It wasnt too painful actually, although I did go in the S-Class, which is possibly not a great idea when there is a shortage of premium fuel here.

I did have a slight accident though.

I turned into a cobbled minor street at abour 25-30, and there slap bang in the middle of the road was an 8ft snowman the local kids had built, by the time it registered, and braked I ploughed through it sending bits of snow up 20ft in the air.

Snow all over the car, the windscreen was covered, all the front clip.

No damage though, I believe every kid in that street cried, but thats what you get for building a snowman on the road. Allbeit a very minor road, but a road nonetheless. I was the only person to have driven on there today sicne there were no tyre marks.

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
Oh! The weather is horrid out here! It's dropped to a frigid 62 F! I might have to wear a light jacket! :rant2:

Thank God for laptops and the Internet eh, Craig?

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kev said:
Oh! The weather is horrid out here! It's dropped to a frigid 62 F! I might have to wear a light jacket! :rant2:

Thank God for laptops and the Internet eh, Craig?
Its -2*C reading in the car, and its the same on the thremometer in the garage.

I actually did put a light jacket on to go to the shops

Us Northerners dont feel the cold.

·
Registered
JimmyH
12,029 Posts
mccombie_5 said:
It wasnt too painful actually, although I did go in the S-Class, which is possibly not a great idea when there is a shortage of premium fuel here.

I did have a slight accident though.

I turned into a cobbled minor street at abour 25-30, and there slap bang in the middle of the road was an 8ft snowman the local kids had built, by the time it registered, and braked I ploughed through it sending bits of snow up 20ft in the air.

Snow all over the car, the windscreen was covered, all the front clip.

No damage though, I believe every kid in that street cried, but thats what you get for building a snowman on the road. Allbeit a very minor road, but a road nonetheless. I was the only person to have driven on there today sicne there were no tyre marks.
:D:sneaky: that is funny, running over snowmen ahahahaha, oh thats bad but funny. actually its is gonna get up to around 60 today if it would quit raining. havent had any accumulation but it has snowed twice. we havent had a good snow in years. actually the last blizzard we had was back in 97, first time id seen snow in 6 years.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
93fleetwoodlowlow said:
:D:sneaky: that is funny, running over snowmen ahahahaha, oh thats bad but funny. actually its is gonna get up to around 60 today if it would quit raining. havent had any accumulation but it has snowed twice. we havent had a good snow in years. actually the last blizzard we had was back in 97, first time id seen snow in 6 years.
:D we dont usually get it this abd, but we have..

·
Registered
None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.
5,702 Posts
Yea, I think it was 64 degrees here today...ridiculous if you ask me, I need to move to a warmer climate! :D

·
Registered
JimmyH
12,029 Posts
we dont get much snow, the Eastman burns it all up (chemical company) before it hits the ground. the most we have had since 97 is about 8 inches or so back in 2001. everything else has been about 2-4 inches if it accumulates. sucks to cause we get mostly ice and we got hills to drive and curvy mountain roads...

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
mccombie_5 said:
Plenty of ice here, many accidents, and the local authoriy hasnt put and gritters out! its -3*C
That'll keep your freezy-pop from melting! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
I love the snow. We rarely get any here. Last year at Christmas we got about 5" of sleet. It took 10 days to melt.

Yesterday it was 70 and windy. 55 now. :(

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
mccombie_5 said:
Its made other things freeze though!
Yes, I believe we when over this before,

which reminds me.......

·
Registered
2007 E92 BMW 335i
10,761 Posts
About a month ago we got around a foot of snow over here, that was when that jet skidded off the runway at midway airport. We were getting about 2 inches an hour.

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
My brother lives in Rochester, MN. He says they get three weeks of Summer and 49 weeks of winter. He grew up here, eventually moved there on purpose......WHAT WAS HE THINKING?!! :suspense:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts