Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighty, so today was the day of the swap. Got the 4100 out OK, but went to check the motor mounts for correct fit before I put the motor up on the hoist and dropped it in. And I encountered a major snag. Per my other thread, I was under the impression that any mounts out of an Olds would work. So I bought a set of Olds 350 mounts at autozone, for an 85 brougham with the diesel. It turns out that the part #'s of the mounts for both the diesel and 4100 are the same.

But the problem is the half of the mount that bolts to the block itself. The Olds 307 I bought came out of an 86 cutlass. The width of the mount I bought at autozone is at least an inch wider than the top half of the mount that came with the motor. Of course, the top half of the mount bolted to the 4100 is a completely different bolt pattern.

So I'm assuming then, that I need to get the top half of the mount off of a Olds 350 diesel out of a Brougham. Those are rare though, so sourcing it may be difficult. But I'm not sure what I need now. If anyone knows what the correct name for the half of the motor mount that bolts to the engine block is, please enlighten me.

Plus, there seems to be two sets of holes to mount up the top half of the mount to the 307 block. Does anyone know which set of holes to use? Is it the ones closest to the front or the ones in the middle of the block.

Also, whats the secret of getting the bottom half of the motor mounts off of the frame of the car? My friend and I couldn't figure out how to get a wrench or socket on the back of the two bolts that are next to each other on the mount. It seems like the lower control arm is in the way.

Thanks,
Don

·
Registered
1995 Fleetwood Brougham
709 Posts
Its the foward holes for the mounts. You need to get the motor mount brackets from an 86 to 89 fleetwood brougham. Its a two piece brkt on each side that is your best bet. This will let the motor sit in the right spot so that he originall tranny and the driveshaft will work. Keep us posted I would like to read about your progress...

What do you plan to do for fuel delivery ?

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts