Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray V
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We guys for those of you who know it has been a long time coming. We finally got to put a name and a face to some of the people in our area. I know a lot of you have doubted that we could even pull this off but tonight we met at Dave and Busters in hollywood. We were blessed by the presence of the one and only Mr and Mrs Lord Cadillac. This is how it went down. I was suppose to be there first but that didn't happen. I left my house late....My old Nav disc had me go the scenic route and blah blah blah. I get a call from Tony and he is there before me with Sal and Danielle and some others. I come down of 95 and I see a silver V (csp3000) a couple of cars ahead of me. Well kinda catch up and we pull into the mall. We out of no where Darren (onebadcaddy) pulls in front of Chris and we roll into through the mall like you see in the old western movies. Three cowboys reving there engines. Of coarse Darren the show off that he is is the loudest and doing small second gear clutch dumps. If you could have seen the faces of the poeple around us you would have pissed yourselves. Mothers were grabbing the hands of there little ones. Old people were needing changing of their depends...It was a great entry if I could say so myself. Here are some of the pics. I will shrink more in the morning. I want to give the award for best sportsmanship to Tony for driving 4 hours to meet our asses. If any of you other bitches complain about having to drive again there will be hell to pay. So here goes!

The attendees are as follows. In no particular order.

Me (of coarse)
Tony (thetonyshow)
Justin (nikon)
Mark H (as MarkH)
Chris (csp3000)
Darren (onebadcad)
and some guy I didn't catch his name but he had a completly stock V. No tint no anything. He even had runflats!

There were also some other Caddy owners that I really didn't get to talk with a whole lot. Im sure others will chime in on who they were.

Its funny there is picture or two of darrens car with import info on it. I went outside to get my camera and there was shit all over everyone of our cars for import advertisements. So we stuck then on his car and took the pics to be funny. The last car is a import. He is a friend of Nikons and it is a bad ass car. It is a right hand drive skyline. For those of you who don't know it had to be shipped in from japan. Its very expensive and very fast.

Well I had a great time and will be planning a meet sometime in the next couple of months. I have discussed it with Sal and it will be somewhere in the middle of the state. I would like all to show. It will be far enough in advance so no excuses. I will try to get some vendors there and maybe a portable dyno for those who are interested. Please PM me some feed back so I know what everone wants.

Gene

Im going to have to put these pics in a few post. They are to big.:thepan:

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
Very, very cool meet.. All very cool people.. The meet was a definite success.. I just got home! If anyone's interested, we have a discussion in the Southeast section of the regional area. More details are there.. Hey! There were actually four of you CTS-V'ers pulling in one right after another! I would have liked to catch that on video..

Anyway - between the Tampa meets and South Florida meets - there are way too many cool people to meet only once in a blue moon. So, yes - we'll be planning more meets more often.. I know we all have tight schedules and busy lives - but we definitely need to get together more often...

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
Well done gents!!! Glad to see you all were able to meet up. Hope you all had a great time!

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray V
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just for the record, that was me.

Thanks for the correction. There is on last thing you can do and that is be a supporting member of the forum. It's cheap and well worth it.

Thanks man

P.s. are you going to keep that car stock forever?:stirpot: You at least have to put some light tint on the windows so you don't kill your interior.:thumbsup:

Gene

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V
151 Posts
You at least have to put some light tint on the windows so you don't kill your interior.:thumbsup:
That's not really an issue. The car only comes out of the garage a couple of times a month and that's usually to go to dinner with my wife. If I hadn't taken it to Philadelphia and North Carolina last year, it would have less than 10,000 miles on it.

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
That's not really an issue. The car only comes out of the garage a couple of times a month and that's usually to go to dinner with my wife. If I hadn't taken it to Philadelphia and North Carolina last year, it would have less than 10,000 miles on it.
You had the grey/silver (I forget) showroom-condition CTS-V, right?

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
Looks lke the background had some other Caddies there too. Nice little turn out.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade, 2010 CTS V soon... =)
820 Posts
Ok I wanted to say that it was really great meeting some of the fellow V's here in South Florida. Gene thanks for being the only one with a camera you really saved the day. With out your pictures for evidence that there was really a South Florida meet I don't think anyone would even believe us...lol Sal and Danielle, Thanks also for being at the meet and helping to set this up. I am sorry about the "Field Trip" after D&B last night but the next meet there will be racing. "Moroso.....:yup:" Darren you truly have one of the baddest V's I have seen and it was really great to meet you. I think it is awesome to see someone really take it to the level that you did and you have made my decison really easy to take my V to the same level soon. Tony you are one really cool guy. I cant tell you how cool it was that you traveled so far to come to the meet and support all of us. You are truly a V guy and it was a pleasure meeting you as well. "Also very sorry about the field trip after D&B last night" Justin your a little B$%^&!!! J/K great to see you at the meet bro and I am really happy you got to run the V at homestead. I wish I could have gone with ya but had to give up my place because of all the court costs i am racking up lately...lol 4 tickets in three months will do that i guess...:banghead: The gentlemen from Tampa in the Black V thank you for coming out as well. I am sorry I forgot you name but it was really cool chating with ya. Ok then there was the person that had a very nicely kept all stock silver V "ta206" thank you for coming and showing all of us what are cars used to look like...lol Also a big thanks goes out to the non V's who came out to the meet. That 59 Caddie was by far the coolest car at the meet. Also that 80's Caddie hearse in excellent condition was really cool. The DTS's that came thank you all as well. Hitmoney your DTS looked really nice. All in all it was a great time with some great people.

I am going to try to plan a meet on Oct 26 Friday night at Moroso and then we can hit a resturant or some bars or both afterwards. We need a racing night and if you dont want to race they have food and drinks there and some really good races to watch. I know Tony and Sal and Justin and Darren and Gene will go...:D But lets take over the whole place and have all diff types Caddies running that night...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
Cadillac
27 Posts
Hey. I enjoyed meeting all you guys. Thanks to Gene for pulling it together. I've been considering differents exhausts and it was great to hear them in person. Tony's Kooks/cats/Corsa combination was nice and loud with the Corsa burble on decel. Sounded good to me. Standing behind Chris (CSP3000) and Darren (OneBadCad) when they played dueling V's was great. Chri's 3" BB was no kidding LOUD and Darren's 500+hp with the maggie was just as LOUD! I'm sure my ears will stop ringing in a couple of days. Damn, they sounded good though.

We had all different kinds of folks there (young/old, etc) who had not met each other before, and in 5 minutes we were all friends. Another aspect of V-Power.

·
Registered
'09 V BR 4dr 6spd,'05 C6R 1400+HP, '05 V BEST EVA!!
2,660 Posts
Thanks to everyone for a great evening of conversation, comradery and of course, drinks-yes, I meant the plural form. I have been a Forum member and V owner for three years, and last evening was my best day of ownership, as for the first time I was able to hang out with seven V owners that love their cars and are convinced they made the right decision in purchasing one. Another great aspect of the evening was that every attendee was easy to talk to and 'loved' their Cadillacs-the Caddy Hearse kicks arse, I will get me one of those once I build my private garage. MarkH, Tony and Gene deserve special mention, as each drove quite a distance to attend-I am still impressed!!! Here are a few takes from the night:
TA206/Tom, damn nice V, that car is flawless, looks better after almost 3 years than my car did after three weeks, hope you remember me if you ever pull me over during a spirited driving demonstation
Nikon/Justin, one wild dude, and also in need of some new calipers as his are glowing orange, nice interior with all the Lasstss brushed metal pieces
MarkH, great guy, he is starting to mod, so soon he will understand our headaches
Theloanman/Gene, great guy, drove 2+ hours to get to meet with family, beautiful V-first Thunder Gray or whatever the heck it is called
CSP3000/Chris, another wild dude, car sounds bad a$$, good luck with the Maggie-once you get it your license will be gone
Tony, you are even funnier in person, full of Cadillac knowledge and has a great set of split spoke chromers-pictures do not do them justice
Sal and Danielle, great people, fun to be with, and Danielle did a great job of reminding us that we not there just to hang outside in 90+ degree heat-WE WERE THERE TO DRINK!!!
Great night, great time, we will do it again-SOON!!!
And to all of our buds in Cali and Texico, we rock and next time we will set a record for Vs at the next event, even if I have to go out and buy 10 more!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts