Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally had to bring my car in for service today, the funny noise my car was making at low speeds just kept getting worst, turns out it was the control arms bushings that needed replacement; found that a bit odd considering the car is only 2 yrs old and has less then 30k miles on it but I am the 2nd owners so the guy before me must have driven it hard. But what’s weird is I asked them to also look at the drivers’ side heated seat. It works on low but not on high. Well the service guy called me back and stated that the heated seat is aftermarket and they can’t fix it. Now far as I know when I bought it it was all Stock. Does anyone have heated seats and if so do u have any pics of the controls and where they’re located?? I need to make sure they are telling me the truth. :annoyed:

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
The controls on the heated seats should be located on the top row of buttons on the climate control panel. Stock heated seats have 5 buttons where the two flanking buttons control the seats. CTS's without heated seats only have 3 buttons.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn, well mine must be aftermarket. My heated seat controls are located on the island behind the shifter. Hmmm, guess I'll have to try and repair it myself.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey Bishop

I just posted about what I think might be a bushing problem in "Diagnose my problem, please thread" like 20 minutes before you.

Can you give me insight into the nature of your "noise". I describe mine in my post. Is this the same problem?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I kinda had the same problem u described but I've never banged into a pothole like that, When I first got the car I did notice a "kind of wobble on that front left tire. I can feel it in the floor panel and even vibration on the accelarator pedal" like u mentioned but once I did a tire rotation and balancing it went away.

My bushing problem is more of an old squeaky noise, like something needed oiling BADLY. It only happened at low speeds and more so when braking. At first it was a slight noise but it steadily got worse, to the point where I was clearly hearing it in the car, windows up and radio playing. At that point I knew it was more then just "normal" brake noise.

Based on what u described i think u should take the car in for service.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Was this service work covered under warranty? I think I am getting the same problem and was about to go see what it was.

·
Banned
14 Posts
Bishop- Would you mind posting a picture of your heated seat controls? I have the stock ones but would like to see what aftermarket ones look like. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
HSD100