Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would it be alright to use syntheic oil on my next change. I just purchased 03 lade w/53K and have 19% life left on oil. Wondering if going to syn. will be ok. Also thinking about changing myself. Always did it on my GMC.

·
Registered
2000 Cadillac Escalade
18 Posts
No problem. Go for it. I use 5w 30 Mobil extended protection synthetic. It says its guaranted for 15000 miles. I think its 15. Any way, don't go that long with out an oil change. With synthetics I go 5000 miles.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've always used regular oil in all my vehicles, but with my Escalade I've decided to protect my investment with synthetic. It's a 2002 EXT with 55,000 miles and I'm running Castrol Syntec 5W30.

·
Registered
9 Posts
No Problem, I use Mobil 1 on my 2004 EXT, And on my wifes Acura TL. I heard once you start using synthetic oil, you can't switch back to regular oil.

·
Registered
Escalade
113 Posts
I think that is a myth. I have never read of all the years on these car forums of any problem doing this. I have done it myself and have never had a problem.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac Escalade ESV
486 Posts
What Oil Filters is everyone using.? I personally used an Mobil 1 M206 which is a longer filter than the stock. Currently I have a Mobil 1 M107 on which is the Extended Performance one with Mobil 1 Fully Synthetic 5W30. I've looked at the AC Delco Gold and the Wix but haven't tried them.

·
Registered
2011 SRX 2.8T; 2005 Escalade
23 Posts
Not having searched the forum as yet - how far does everyone go before you change the oil - as based off the %life left oil gauge? I always keep track of mileage, but was wondering if anyone uses the %life estimation.

Thanks, Scott

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Yes you can use synthetic, and you can always switch back to regular motor oil if you would want to. I have used synthetic oils since 1981, Red Line for over 20 years, and Amsoil the last 5 years. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts