Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 Eldorado ETC and had not driven it for a month... the car was parked in the garage and nothing leaked. I drove it today about 10 miles or so, parked it in the driveway and there was a wet spot about 15 inches in diamater which appears to be oil. Any idea where this may be coming from or what the problem may be?

Also the driver side tail light does not come on when the headlights are on. The bulbs are all good (the brake light and turn signal work). It is blowing the fuse almost instantly when I put it in for the light to stay on with the headlights. Any idea what may be causing this? Some type of short...? Just wondering if anyone has any ideas what to check so I don't have to pay some place and get ripped off!

THANKS!!!!

·
Registered
1994 Cadillac Seville SLS
63 Posts
For your lights, check that you're using the right fuse, if not check for any ripped or loose wire near the tail light area.

About the oil....hmm that one got me stumped, check under it and see where the most oily area is. Then go from there.

·
Registered
2001 DTS(140K), 2000 ETC(284K), 1990 allante( 80K)
1,915 Posts
sometimes when it sits it will collect under the pan and sit there until it's moved when it gets shaked off.
my 94 will sit all summer and then it will have a small spot of oil under it only once i move it. Happens to my car all the time.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,973 Posts
Any idea where this may be coming from or what the problem may be?
Not without a better description.

It is blowing the fuse almost instantly when I put it in for the light to stay on with the headlights.
Definitely a short somewhere.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts