Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I check my oil for the heck of it every month or so... today i checked the oil and the level and color look fine but I saw a little smoke, nothing thick at all barely noticeable but i did see a little. then I opened the cap and there was a little as well....is this normal for cars after theyve been running????

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The smoke is called blowby, it's perfectly normal, and it means the engine runs. Did anybody ever tell you you're a worry wart?
noone has to tell me, I know i am!!

thanks for the input, i didnt think it was anything to worry about but i just wanted to make sure.. i definetely trust your input more than the guy who said my engine is on fire....I guess b/c smoke comes out of an exhaust thats on fire too??? some people....

Thanks Koz...

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,969 Posts
noone has to tell me, I know i am!!

thanks for the input, i didnt think it was anything to worry about but i just wanted to make sure.. i definetely trust your input more than the guy who said my engine is on fire....I guess b/c smoke comes out of an exhaust thats on fire too??? some people....

Thanks Koz...
Under normal operation a small part of the combustion products gets by the piston rings. This is normally handled by the crankcase ventilation system(PCV).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts