Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
escalade
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what should my oil pressure be. i have a 2010 escalade. i just had the lifters replaced under warrantee. i noticed the oil pressure was reading 35-50 after i picked it up (dont remember what it was before) my buick reads 130 psi.

·
Registered
2009 AWD Escalade Ultra Luxury Raven Black
1,800 Posts
35-50 is pretty normal at idle and nothing to worry about. If it was below 10lbs, than yes. Your Buick reads 130?? I'd have to guess the gauge is faulty, or you'd have oil squirting through the valve covers!

12,778 Posts
56geo, I see you've been getting help from forum members, so I just wanted to let you know I'm also available to check my resources for any further oil pressure information on your Escalade. Email me anytime at [email protected] with the last eight of your VIN, and I would be happy to investigate on your behalf.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
Escalade esv
4 Posts
How do you determine what your oil pressure is? I have a 2007 Escalade, which does not have an oil pressure gage. I don't see oil pressure available in the vehicle information system (where transmission temp is found, for example).

·
Registered
Escalade esv
4 Posts
Does anyone have a comment on how to tell what the oil pressure is on a 2007 Escalade? Above, 56geo mentions a menu he can scroll through on his 09 Esky to get oil pressure. My 07 does not seem to have oil pressure in the menus. Is there any way to get oil pressure on an 07 (short of installing an aftermarket gage)?

·
Registered
2010 ESV Platinum WDT
189 Posts
Davecaddy, there is a light that comes on when the pressure becomes too low so you will have a notification regardless.

I wasn't aware menu items changed after 07 forward. Have you cycled thru both the status button menu (top button w/odometer, avgs, etc) and the information button menu 2nd one down from top?

·
Registered
Escalade esv
4 Posts
I just searched the 07, 08, and 09 manuals online. It looks like the menu options in the DIC changed for 09. The 09 version shows a menu pick for volts and oil pressure. 07 and 08 do not have those options. I wonder if there is a way to update the DIC (driver information center). I know the idiot light would warn me, but I just like to see volts and oil psi.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade EXT
64 Posts
No, because Cadillac was employing idiots in their Engineering division in 2006-2007 when the 2007-2008's were being designed, hence why there are so many problems that plague these models. I'm seriously considering fixing as much of my 2007 as I can and dumping it on auction and getting an '09 or newer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts