Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I connected my 07 SRX to ScanXL this evening to check for codes, after realizing I hadn't hit 'connect' when I previously was playing with it. When I scanned for codes, I had a virtual potpourri of Bubba... left front wheel speed sensor failure, right front wheel speed sensor failure, this and that. I cleared the codes, then restarted the engine, let it run a minute, and scanned again. This time all I'm getting are 'engine oil pressure sensor circuit high voltage' and 'transmission fluid deteriorated'.

Is there any native oil pressure display on the SRX at all ? I don't see one. I connected Torque Pro and it's seeing 130 psi ?? As far as the trans fluid parameters, I'm not sure what sensor data that P code is a function of.

I'm guessing it's telling me the oil pressure sensor needs replacing, and nobody's ever done a transmission fluid and filter change on the vehicle. Time to put in an Amazon order I suppose.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Honestly the biggest surprise is that I did NOT see C0455 Honestly the thing that surprises me is that I did NOT see a C0455 steering wheel position sensor code in there. I assumed all Caddies of this time period had that, lol.

·
Registered
253 Posts
P0523? You definitely checked the oil level right? If not oil level, then definitely sensor. I have access to AllData if you need anything.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
P0523? You definitely checked the oil level right? If not oil level, then definitely sensor. I have access to AllData if you need anything.
Sure did. I just changed the oil and filter. Trans fluid and filter on the way as well as a new oil pressure sensor and the socket that fits it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Btw, I have seen references to low oil level wrt the high oil pressure issue as well. I don't get how low oil level would lead to high pressure... unless the oil was all cooked to heck I guess.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Replacement oil pressure sensor fixed the high reading. Pressure looks normal now. Changed trans fluid and filter, and used my tech2win setup to reset the trans fluid life to 100%. Old fluid didn't look too awful... reddish brown with no nasty smell. Good to go now.

And nope, I did not burn myself on the exhaust refilling it :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
2 Participants
penguinfree