Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
233 Posts
Re: oil pressure questio

It should be in the vicinity of 40 psi at speed, lower at idle and lower rpms and a little higher at highway speeds, higher rpms especially when cold.

·
Registered
2002 EXT
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Mine runs about 25-35 driving. 20 at a stand still. And there's a small/light knock at low RPMs. You think its the oil pump?

·
Registered
2002 EXT
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Mine runs about 25-35 driving. 20 at a stand still. And there's a small/light knock at low RPMs. You think its the oil pump?

·
Registered
2003 Escalade
82 Posts

doesn't sound good mate.....sounds like a repeat of what happened to my ol' 4.3 in my blazer.

·
Registered
2002 EXT
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is it too late???

I have a 02 ext. i have just recently noticed a knock in the engine about 4 days ago. My oil pressure runs about 20 psi at idle and just run 40 while driving. At times, i have notice the oil pressure to be around 26 and 32 while driving. maybe lower.

Well, i think and hope, that if i change the oil pump that well stop the knock. because at high rpm/psi the knock goes away. from what i can tell.

also, first thing in the morning there is no knock what so ever and my psi is about 40.

Could it be that my oil pump is going bad and making the knocking noise or is something else wrong causing the oil pressure to drop? Which is causing the knock nosie?

How do i test to see if my pump is bad?

Or... is one of my rod bearing shot and i have to rebuild the whole motor.?

or.. can i put some lucas in it to deal with a WORN bearing?

Thanks for the help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts