Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where i can get an upper oil pan for a catera? Any local salvages around anyone have any? If so i would definaltly be interested in one, mine got cracked when the engine grenaded and i cant find one around here. Thanks

·
Registered
2 1997 Cateras: black&ocean green
698 Posts
There's a 2000 in a local yard here. My manual states that in order to remove the upper oil pan you have to mess with the exhaust, motor mounts, steering, driveshaft and A/C compressor brackets. Is that the one? Have you taken the old one out? I get off just a couple hours before the yard closes and a 5hour job is not the best option... PM me

·
Registered
Cadillac
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's a 2000 in a local yard here. My manual states that in order to remove the upper oil pan you have to mess with the exhaust, motor mounts, steering, driveshaft and A/C compressor brackets. Is that the one? Have you taken the old one out? I get off just a couple hours before the yard closes and a 5hour job is not the best option... PM me
Yeah, thats prolly the one, and im sure its that much of a pain in the ass to do it with the motor in the car. I have mine out, but then again the motor is out of it cuz it grenaded and shoved something down hard enough to break the cradle and take a hunk out of the upper pan and send a crack down the side. Ill try some more local salvages around town and that site that Hazzard linked me. Thanks man. Oh also where did you get your hawk hps pads for the rear calipers?

·
Registered
2 1997 Cateras: black&ocean green
698 Posts
Check on eBay. You can look up the part # on Hawk website and do a search.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts