Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I all. My oil pan is leaking. How hard is it to replace the gasket? I know it will take 3 or 4 hours, give or take, but what does it involve? I have not changed one in an escalade before. Thank you in advance.
 

·
Registered
2009 AWD Escalade Ultra Luxury Raven Black
Joined
·
1,800 Posts
Not sure what you mean? You need to subscribe to the service, it's not free. It's like having an online work manual and schematic for your vehicle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
K9Caddy said:
Not sure what you mean? You need to subscribe to the service, it's not free. It's like having an online work manual and schematic for your vehicle.
When I clicked on the link, it said access denied. I went to a different web browser and it worked. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
2007 Escalade ESV, 2010 CTS v
Joined
·
59 Posts
There's a great write up in here already and it's pretty easy and straight forward, just do a quick search it'll pop up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ridesguy said:
There's a great write up in here already and it's pretty easy and straight forward, just do a quick search it'll pop up.
Thank you. I will check it out.
 
M

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I did mine two weeks ago. it is pretty straight forward but hella-messy. My independent garage quoted me $300 including the new oil/filter. I spent ~$110-120 for the gasket, RTV, and new oil and it took me most of the day. I admit that I am a little ADD and not very organized when in the middle of a project but I got oil all over the place and myself. I'd recommend letting the pan drain for longer than the ten minutes I did before dropping the pan. There is some sense of accomplishment when completing any task but this is a gold star I could have done without. Also, the front diff, which you have to take out, is very heavy. Be sure to use a jack to lower it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
morlysafer said:
I did mine two weeks ago. it is pretty straight forward but hella-messy. My independent garage quoted me $300 including the new oil/filter. I spent ~$110-120 for the gasket, RTV, and new oil and it took me most of the day. I admit that I am a little ADD and not very organized when in the middle of a project but I got oil all over the place and myself. I'd recommend letting the pan drain for longer than the ten minutes I did before dropping the pan. There is some sense of accomplishment when completing any task but this is a gold star I could have done without. Also, the front diff, which you have to take out, is very heavy. Be sure to use a jack to lower it.
Thanks for the info.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top