Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
A red 2007 escalade base and a orange 2004 lamborghini galla
167 Posts
The oil leak is near the rear bottom engine any idea where it could be from ?

I have an oil leak near the rear bottom end of the engine. It's right in the middle of the car but I dont know where it's coming from any ideas where it could be from it's not leaking bad but it is getting the bottom of the car sticky with oil.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,384 Posts
Re: I have a 2007 escalade and it has an oil leak

You do not have a Northstar engine.

I believe that your car has a 6.2L OHV engine. Thread moved to the proper forum.

EDIT: I see that you double-posted this in your vehicle forum, too. Threads merged from Northstar and Engines; 6.2. Please do not multiple-post the same question in different threads.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No it's not low and I changed the oil about two or three months ago it says 56% of oil life remaining b the oil level if fine it's just that it's leaking under and it's not a lot but it is a good bit and it's getting under the engine sticky it's at the middle at the end of the engine

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Escalade
1,177 Posts
Check all the fluids , power steering or tranny (red) check brake fluid too. Are you sure it's oil? Sometimes it could be something else, if you say the levels for oil are fine then it's probably not that

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh ok thanks a lot I'll check it out when I get to my house thanks for the help your pretty good at this escalade stuff

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No I was under the truck and it was right in the middle but in the engine rear. Any ideas where it could be leaking from I'm going to check it to see if it is oil when I get home but it looked like oil what could be leaking it's a 2007 escalade

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Escalade
1,177 Posts
U have a puddle under your truck? I would wipe it all down and see if you can really pinpoint it. Could also be your power steering pump mine was leaking a bit. Take a pic so I can see exactly what your seeing

·
Registered
2008 Escalade
311 Posts
The photos are blurry and dark, but I can definitely see there's oil (or some other brown fluid) on it. First thing is to spray the whole area with brake cleaner. That'll take all the fluid right off and dry quickly. Get a rag for any areas you miss. Once it's clean take it for a 5-10 minute drive then look back underneath. It can be a leaky drain plug (they have an o-ring on them that eventually wears), oil filter not tightened enough, a bad oil pan gasket, or worst case the rear main seal is bad. I just had my rear main seal and oil pan gaskets both replaced ($1200).

You can do the oil pan gasket yourself if you have the right set of tools and are comfortable loosening and dropping the front differential a little bit. As far as the rear main seal, the tranny has to be dropped so it's a big job.

Get the leak as isolated as you can by cleaning then looking. Keep in mind oil blows all around the faster you drive, so drive around neighborhood streets then take a look underneath. Hopefully it's just the plug or loose filter. Hate to say it, but the oil pan gaskets and rear main seals are notorious for going bad on the GMT900 platform (Escalade, Tahoe, Yukon).

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok I'll clean it up and do that tomorrow and take some clearer pictures in the day so you guys can see better. Hopefully that will help you locate the leak. But ok sounds like a plan I'll be on it tommorow so please just be on the look out for when I post the pics and thanks for the help so far guys.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts