Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All-

How much oil does a 93 DTS with the 4.9 ltr. V-8 take to be completely full? IE-When changing the oil and filter, how much do you put in the engine? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
If you had any doubts......Put in 5, then look at the dipstick!.....I know, Too easy.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
kcnewell said:
If you had any doubts......Put in 5, then look at the dipstick!.....I know, Too easy.
Generally thought to be a no-brainer idea, this procedure has led many a mechanic and owner alike to improperly fill their engine oil. Over the years, there have been several cars that for some reason or another, have been equiped with an improperly calibrated dipstick which would lead to over or under-filling the sump.
BOTTOM-LINE: Always go with the proper specified amount regardless of what the dipstick says.

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
Katshot said:
Generally thought to be a no-brainer idea, this procedure has led many a mechanic and owner alike to improperly fill their engine oil. Over the years, there have been several cars that for some reason or another, have been equiped with an improperly calibrated dipstick which would lead to over or under-filling the sump.
BOTTOM-LINE: Always go with the proper specified amount regardless of what the dipstick says.
That's nuts, all we have and can go by is what the stupid dipstick says. How can one ever know if they are improperly calibrated!? I can imagine GM using an Impala dip for a Caddy to save money.:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
4 Participants
Ralph