Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Seville; 95 FWB; 07 DTS
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...is it true that this part is no longer available new? I'm having a hard time locating them, tried rockauto, gmparts direct and a couple dealers with no luck. One dealer said that the inlet line was available but not the outlet. I thought it was a part that was sold a one unit (both in and out). Can anyone shed some light?

·
Registered
2001 SLS, 1997 STS, 71 Eldo
76 Posts
Don't know, my 97 STS had it but I replaced one line with a standard hose and hose clamps, and ran it to a heavy duty cooler.

·
Registered
07 STS 1SG / 10 STS 1SG / 17 XTS
336 Posts
Are you talking about the line running to the radiator from the sending unit? If so, I bought one at the caddy dealer, they had to order it.

·
Registered
90 Eldo -SOLD-, 98 ETC -SOLD-, 86 XR4Ti Track Car, 07 Ranger
963 Posts
can always use a universal kit...

·
Registered
336 Posts
I had to take mine off and when I did the plastic clip disenegrated, of course you can't buy the clip, you have to buy the whole line. I think it was $28 from the Caddy dealer. Do not tighten it much into the sending unit, it WILL crack as it is a cheap cast unit.

·
Registered
90 Eldo -SOLD-, 98 ETC -SOLD-, 86 XR4Ti Track Car, 07 Ranger
963 Posts
I had to take mine off and when I did the plastic clip disenegrated, of course you can't buy the clip, you have to buy the whole line. I think it was $28 from the Caddy dealer. Do not tighten it much into the sending unit, it WILL crack as it is a cheap cast unit.
If you're talking the push-tight jawed clip you can get one in a new fitting down at advance / autozone for about $7...

·
Registered
336 Posts
If you're talking the push-tight jawed clip you can get one in a new fitting down at advance / autozone for about $7...
That's the one, I tried autozone, napa and carquest and they didn't have them. Finally went to the dealer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts