Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
STS
132 Posts
You guys are scaring me with all this "Extended Oil Life" Stuff.....
First of all... Everybody knows the NorthStar is a hot running engine... And kinda likes it that way!!!!! That said, I've experienced some engine oil burn off. If your burning off some oil, well then its in your best interest to check/monitor regularly and change every 3-5K! That's what I plan to do.
RE: Oil to use... I'm using Mobil-1 5w-30... What Caddy Recommends for STS.
Mobile-1 actually makes a point of indicating this on their containers! Why wouldn't they right? But I'd rather be safe than sorry!!!

· Registered
STS
132 Posts
Yeah... I hear ya MCOWDEN... Agree about the filters... I always use the Puralator Pure-One... But when I'm experiencing burn off... Dont you think its better to change more frequently...? Also, are you saying we "Shouldn't" use Synth in the NorthStar? Please clarify

· Registered
STS
132 Posts
OK Thanks EcSTSatic... But really... If your experiencing burn off... Do ya just add a quart or so and keep driving towards your change date? I had the oil
changed at the end of September... Just added quart... Not too heavy driving either... (14 Mile daily commute, with about 4 miles being HWY- I287) I do drive it aggressively... I've been told NOT to baby this NorthStar engine. I'm not saying I'm stompin on it all the time, but ya know... Push it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.