Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 XTS Luxury Ruby Red
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing that I bought a leftover 14, and the owners manual states that the oil should be changed at least once a year, the build date is 10/13 so technically the oil is 16 months old. Would I be out of line if I asked the dealer to change it? Even though it only has a couple of hundred miles on it. I have always changed the oil on all my new vehicles between 500 and 1000 miles anyhow, I was planning to do it myself, but perhaps they should do it under the service agreement?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Not out of line at all. Had my dealer change the oil before I picked it up the first time. Especially since the car is 16 months old.

·
Registered
97 Eldo ETC,98 STS,04 SRX N*,06 STS N*,14 CTS VSport Premium, 17 CTS Vsport Prem Lux
1,019 Posts
I'd ask them to service it. No harm in asking. I bet they do it.

·
Registered
2014 XTS Luxury Ruby Red
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I asked, they said one year from ownership or 10% on the oil meter. I'll change it my self, at least I know it will be done right.

·
Registered
XTS 2014 Prem.
55 Posts
Did they give you the certified service that comes with it new? The pamphlet I received shows scheduled oil changes every 7500 miles.

·
Registered
2014 XTS Luxury Ruby Red
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did they give you the certified service that comes with it new? The pamphlet I received shows scheduled oil changes every 7500 miles.
I talked with the service manager, she said they will do an oil change and tire rotation every 6 months or when the oil monitor reads less than 10%, I'm good with that. I did an oil oil change myself this weekend, Mobil 1 for my baby from now on( service manager said mobil 1 will be a $35 upcharge during a service).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts