Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, no, no. Oil filters go to squeak tight plus a quarter turn.

Filter wraparound magnets simply collect some metal flakes and chips before they're trapped by the filter media itself. Think about it ..........

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
7,852 Posts
It's fun to post uninformed memes that we find on the internet! If whoever created the meme had bothered to look, they'd see that picture was taken at a GE facility in NY, so they're not "coal-powered electric car"; less than 1% of NY's energy comes from coal. Even if you apply the meme to the entire country it doesn't make any sense, as only ~25% of the nation's electricity comes from coal, and that percentage has been dropping since the mid/late-'80s (when it was up in the 55% range).

·
Super Moderator SEMPER PARATUS
2003 DeVille Base
4,486 Posts
It's fun to post uninformed memes that we find on the internet! If whoever created the meme had bothered to look, they'd see that picture was taken at a GE facility in NY, so they're not "coal-powered electric car"; less than 1% of NY's energy comes from coal. Even if you apply the meme to the entire country it doesn't make any sense, as only ~25% of the nation's electricity comes from coal, and that percentage has been dropping since the mid/late-'80s (when it was up in the 55% range).
me thinks you didn't get the "tongue in cheek" nature of the post and memes. As for the magnets, I've found that if I use the oil filter magnets along with my copper bracelet, it really helps my arthritis.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I knew before I posted it that it was a made-for-TV parody. But fun.

More uninformed stuff ........... let's hear it for Prius.

Diesel dragster.jpg.jpg

·
Registered
2013 XTS Luxury - Graphite, Tucson, AZ
120 Posts
Sub for Sub - Because the largest portion of electricity generation in the US is from coal. So electric cars get the largest portion of their recharge from the dirtiest fuel.

EDIT: Apparently natural gas has has passed coal for electricity:

Natural gas1,46935.2%
Coal1,14627.5%

So liberals are getting the largest portion of their electric car recharge from the second dirtiest fossil fuel.

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury
928 Posts
I don’t know how it works in the us energy system but here you buy an electric power subscription together with the car where you buy e.g. wind power, hydronpower etc.

My own household runs 100% on wind power and because so many households do this, demand is so high the energy companies have to expand their renewable electricity production all the time.

Then you can argue that wind power is inefficient and expensive, but the ”liberal’s” market forces surely work in this case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,610 Posts
I don’t know how it works in the us energy system but here you buy an electric power subscription together with the car where you buy e.g. wind power, hydronpower etc.

My own household runs 100% on wind power and because so many households do this, demand is so high the energy companies have to expand their renewable electricity production all the time.

Then you can argue that wind power is inefficient and expensive, but the ”liberal’s” market forces surely work in this case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds like a good system, assuming there aren't subsidies for some choices. Not so good, if you don't pay actual costs to produce plus the same profit for each choice.

How do the costs compare for each method at this point in time?

·
Registered
2015 SRX Premium FWD
345 Posts
Who are Liberals?

I guess I'm not one 'cause I drive a Chevy SS(gas guzzler) and an SRX, both non-electric. Hopefully, that makes me one of the good guys, like you guys!

·
Registered
'14 SRX4 Premium silver-coast/shale-brownstone
693 Posts
LOL Willy92, I've got and SRX and an Camaro SS! Mine's an '18 w 6.2L and it gets better gas mileage on the highway than the SRX.

Max

1 - 14 of 14 Posts