Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any companies that make a totally plug and play product for the V? I've searched and searched and all I could find are ones the require mods to work. I don't wish to mod my mod. :thehand:

Thanks

·
Registered
05 CTS V
600 Posts
do you still have the "trash can" engine/fuel rail cover??? i have installed one, but I am not running any FRC's and do not plan to. I am working with Billet Prototypes to customize one of the pieces they already have. It monts with no issues but needs a little adjustment on the angle of the arm and then it should be ready.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the corvette covers on my ride. Do I need to remove them permanently?

·
Registered
05 CTS V
600 Posts
i need to add a spacer and will check. i am pretty sure they will work with the vette FRC's since they make these for the GTO and the Vette and those guys run those covers. They said they never tried it on a V, so I bought one and installed over the weekend to see if it would work. I just need to adjust the fitment a little and it will be good.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll stand by for the results.

·
Registered
Silver '05 V
1,238 Posts
Most of them are "plug n play", just need a bracket to mount to the engine. There is an empty bolt hole on the passenger side of the engine right near where the can should sit next to the PCV, that many have used as their mounting spot. I've seen some guys make their own bracket or bend/make it work with the bracket that comes with their can. Those cans are usually really light, so a little bracket manipulation is still supportive.

·
Registered
LS6 CTS-V
550 Posts
^^^ this one looks like one of the nicest i've seen. it looks like a little spacer may be needed to clear our stock V covers, but other than that - i'll probably go with this one. ^^^

·
Registered
CTSV, C5TT, STi, 70Camaro
192 Posts
I got these off of Ebay.

Someone said they are made from air compressor parts, but whatever as they work and mounting was easy.

I needed two for my LS6.

If you look close you can see a small pool of oil in the rear one.
Yes they are from air compressor parts, and I was the original guy who did it in Corvette Forum and got it popular back in 2000. But I am not the original inventor, I heard it from a redneck friend, built it and posted it to the Corvetteforum and it got popular real quick. You can get the same parts at Home Depot or Lows.

But I can tell you although they are better than factory PCV system, they don't work all that well. First of all, you can collect a lot more oil if you remove the white filter element. Second, it will stop filling once the little thing gets half full, the oil vapor will just flow into intake like it was before. Yes, if you pull the intake manifold you will see some oil in the intake runners, with or without this tiny catch can. Here are two other solutions:
1. Get a really big and properly designed catch can. It will last a lot longer than that little guy.
2. Get a little breather filter and a vent it out. Plug the line into the intake, you will never see oil in the intake again. That's how I do it on all my LS1/6/x cars now.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)
17,712 Posts
Try Elite Engineering. The one that will fit our V may not be on their web site but contact them.

I bought one of their's, fabbed up a new bracket, and sent them the drawing so they could manufacture and sell it.

It's a nice catch can and I am happy with the fit (with my new bracket).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts