The Mighty Kael, 2004 Black CTS, Every Option
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Kael said:
I'm sure you hit the nail on the had Kael. Supply and demand. I thought about 19" but thought 20" was to big and opted for the 18" I'm very happy with my choice.

·
Registered
CTS 3.6L 5sp Auto Silver Smoke with Neutral Interior
998 Posts
Kael said:
I totally agree, I could have gotten 19's for the same price as my 20's. Funny thing is, the 20" tires are cheaper too in the long run. 19's are an odd size, but are generally more appealing for those looking for a racey/sporty look.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I agree! Supply and demand is the issue, 19's are not as popular. Stepping up to the 20's is definately the best choice for selection and price. Although personally I believe 18's are the best fit for the CTS.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
but check the prices
the 19's are all around 750 to 1000 while the 20's are around 250-500 (well 1200 on some spinners)

thats a pretty nuts difference.

and I already have 17's so the 18 dont look like that much of a change.
i am thinking of 20's for summer and show.

lets try to pick our fav's of the above posted site and post them here.

-K

·
Registered
03 CTS
1,353 Posts
Kael, are u talking 200-500 per rim or for a set?? If your getting a set of 20" rims for 200-500 I'd definitely think about the quality. That's crazy cheap, remember u get what u pay for. I'm looking to get a set of 19" with tires for about 2200 & that's with insurance on the rim and tire.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh no bishop, thats 250 - 500 rim for 20's. the exact same style and exact company of the same rim in a 19 inch format is about 900
nuts, i know.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
1,640 Posts
These are probably the last set of rims I'd ever put on my car, but I just have to put them up anyways. :histeric:

...no wait, these...

...then again...

·
Registered
03 CTS
1,353 Posts
A buddy of mine bought the middle one's (19") and put them on a Q45 '04. Honestly they were really nice, not my style but I'll admit they looked good.

Matter of fact I drove the car with them one time and bent a rim on a pothole, that sucked big time haha. It was on the highway too, damn the roads in mass SUCK hard core.

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac CTS, 2008 Cadillac CTS
733 Posts
Someone just posted something similiar when they were looking for 19's. Here is what I posted on that thread.

Honestly, if you want bling bling, go with 20's. Especially if you plan on leaving the stock height. You will find that a nice set of 20's will run you less money than the same wheel in a 19. Manufactures are more likely to produce 20's and that keeps the price down. Finding a nice set of tires for 19's is also more difficult and expensive. I'm not saying you can't find them, but for the better quality wheels and tires, they are more expensive due to the fact they don't produce as many in that size. Most of the 19's on the market are produced with the BMW 3 series in mind. Good luck on your search.

I searched for months for the right wheels and tires. And even after my purchase, I may go with the tire size LittleB has on her car. That's what's so cool about this forum, just when you think you've done all your research and made a good choice, someone shows you it can be done another way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts