Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
CTS-V
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All:

Some photos of MVP Track Time's rather wet day at Autobahn Country Club June 4th. Enjoy Doug Bruce (Velodrome Racer)
and I (Feffman) harassing the other drivers. That's Doug in the burgundy V waiving people bye! :) Your author chasing down the Vette.

Feff
www.MVPTrackTime.com

Attachments

·
Registered
CTS-V
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like fun, Mark. Too bad about the wet. Nice pics.
I think most people had a good time driving in the rain. Gave them a real day of training. Look a the notes I received from a good number of drivers at our web site (link below):

http://www.MVPTrackTime.com/id75.html

Only one real complainer, and he'll not be coming to any MVP track days as he broke the same cardinal rule twice. Even after a warning from myself and one of our instructors.

Feff

·
Registered
CTS-V
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Oh, do tell! Do tell!
The schmuck passed a novice student while one of our instructors was in the car with said novice after the white flag flew (cool down lap) under the checkered flag. When I had my 1st "Come to Jesus" meeting with him about it, he claimed it was a mistake so we gave him a pass. When he did it a 2nd time (passing the same student/novice and instructor) he packed up and left before I could get to him to ask him to leave.

The funny part, he was (note key word "was") signed up for our August 20th date at Autobahn. After the June 4th incidents he asked to be moved from the novice to intermediate run group for the August track day. I'd already mailed him a refund (full refund mind you) check for August. After he received my August cancellation note, he sends me an e-mail suggesting our instructor (very good PCA certified instructor) "had an agenda"! :) Explain that one to me!

One reason I started MVP Track Time was so I could weed out undesirable drivers like this clown from our track days. It's easier to keep track days fun and enjoyable without them around. Too many lives at stake, not to mention some valuable cars. One thing I've found is word travels fast about bad drivers and instructors so most are digging their own hole.

Happy Motoring All!

Feff

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
I'll be at the SHO Registry National Convention from July 15th to the 20th in Kalamazoo. I may stay the weekend and return the V to Putnam Park the following Monday with your group. I'll also be running Grattan on the 18th.

I may even be running New Hampshire International on July 9th. Damn I've got the fever...

·
Registered
CTS-V
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll be at the SHO Registry National Convention from July 15th to the 20th in Kalamazoo. I may stay the weekend and return the V to Putnam Park the following Monday with your group.
I'm sure we can make a hole for you. Doug (Velodrome Racer) will probably be at Putnam Park July 23rd as well.

Feff

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,987 Posts
You guys are making me :drool: .

If I could take my 4-1/2-year-old son, then ...

Hey, Feff, do they have small-size helmets?

·
Registered
CTS-V
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You let ragtops run without rollbars? Just curious if that 'stang has one.
The Mustang has a roll bar. Porsche Boxster and Honda S2000 are OK without additional roll bar (but we do suggest the roll bar) because the manufacturers owner's manual state the windshield will support the weight of the car in the event of a roll over.

Feff

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
... I'll also be running Grattan on the 18th.
QUOTE]

Big Jim, what are you running at Grattan? and what time? I'm in Holland, only about 40 min from the track.
I'll be running the V at Grattan. Even though it's the SHO Convention. It'll be all day. I think we get to the paddocks around 7:30AM or so...

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Well, I just registered and paid for the July 23rd day at Putnam Park. I'm excited to run with some more fellow V owners and at a track I've had the V on. Should be a great time with a minimal learning curve.

BTW, I'm going to be running at Grattan on the 18th with the SHO group but I guess there is an open track day at Grattan on both the 21st and 22nd(Saturday and Sunday). I will probably go again on Saturday.

Look forward to meeting you Feff!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts