Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
'87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)
3,703 Posts
Mine has them in the front and back. I seriously doubt they could support the full weight of a person, especially if used repeatedly.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Have them installed. Can't be too hard, just remove the headliner, weld in the backing to the roof, and screw in one from some vehicle.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
My mom always gripes because my 95 does not have the "Oh my God bar" in the front seat. It has them in the rears, but not the front.

·
Registered
13 Challenger RT, 11 CTS Coupe Premium, 94 Eldorado (RIP)
1,306 Posts
My 94 Eldorado has them located vertically on the pillar between the front and back seats. However, I don't believe the back seat of an Eldo would be easily accessible for a handicapped person, handle or no handle.

·
Registered
2005 SRX V6 AWD
429 Posts
95 STS, has them only in the back, they cant support a lot of weight, I found that out in a game of "backseat naked wresling" if ya know what i mean ;) But it clipped back in without damage

·
Registered
1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk
3,963 Posts
danbuc said:
Mine has them in the front and back. I seriously doubt they could support the full weight of a person, especially if used repeatedly.
The front passenger side handle on my DTS is falling off and the car was used as a limo all its life (no front seat passenger). They're held on with something similar to drywall anchors - a metal screw goes through a plastic anchor and spreads out the tabs to hold it in place. It's a very poor design and will not hold up to daily use.

Jim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts