Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 FWB
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not this childishness here too? I'm on here a bit more since the Impala SS forum was recently 'enhanced' with an 'updated platform' for 'increased connectivity' something something.

I had noticed this forum has been changed over to the identical format and nomenclature as over there. So how long has it been since the 'improvements' were done here?

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,082 Posts
YUP - they screwed this forum up too - around 6 months ago -

·
Registered
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
878 Posts
Oh heck, I don't see anything wrong with it. I like the new forum format on the whole. Nothing is perfect.

·
Registered
96 FWB
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
YUP - they screwed this forum up too - around 6 months ago -
Yes thanks. I've been pouring over the, 'We Are Live - Community Support' thread, with largely similar issues outlined in the same thread title (and others) on the Impala SS forum. It became innoculated with this 'upgraded and enhanced platform' a few months back.

This is but one of numerous detracting issues. Pulled from a post in that thread:

No one requested it. It's a product of the current PC Big Brother syndrome. The content, as explained in another gobbledegook thread, will be determined by AI and other mysterious determinations. The content and picture controls were the job of the Moderators in the past - we are now apparently incapable of performing that function so censorship has reared its ugly head.

........ and, although announced as fact 4 days ago, the ability to modify individual viewing and content preferences is still not in place.

A large part of the problem is that we now have a big group of people who know absolutely nothing about [Cadillac] vehicles selling the "latest and greatest" (Hah!!!) internet platform technology to the people who own and work on the cars !!!

Exactly the same observations, feedback, reported glitches and recommended corrections have been made on ***************. There I've been raising 57 kinds of hell in detailed descriptions of observed problems and degraded features complete with screen grabs and recommended fixes. I figured the most nonsensical items would be acknowledged, attended and treated in timely manner. Alas, outcomes too often have been the "gobbledegook" and "mysterious determinations" described above.

This forum has myriad archetectures and models, with history extending back to the St. Louis World's Fair. I appreciate the broad range of folks on here, combined with the demographic tilted a little to more studied and patient perspective. Yes, I said it: aged. Imagine the frustration for our Tri-9 B-/D- body brethren, with their deceased 25-year old limited run model. The primary value of that forum is archiving the immense braintrust and accumulated ntel, so a grave concern that Advanced Searching has really been compromised. Some AI's obtuse 'relevance' invariaby returns the oldest possible threads on a given search. And while results had always covered the entire forum's quarter-century content, there's now a cut-off in pages listed (I recall it's 192 pages now?), and with 2/3 of a single page of those limited results sometimes wasted by repeatedely listing the same thread.

Well, I'm outta coffee so enough belly-aching. For now. I'm just lurking hoping for some crafty bodyworkers to start posting threads on how to mod all the insipid current Cady SUVs back into sedans.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts