green:

blue:

and my favorite, black:

also in case you didnt see it before, heres my Cadillac DTC:

·
Registered
1994 Sedan Deville
2,146 Posts
Those are nice. The DTC reminds me of the 89-93 C-body coupes.

·
Registered
2013 ATS Premium 3.6, 1989 Allanté
4,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

o btw theres a couple of veeeeery minor differences besides the door chop, can anyone guess em?

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha yes, and the front has been stretched, and the rear quarters are slightly modded

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Very nice chop!
Though, I don't think a coupe makes an Eldorado... STS coupe might be a very, very good idea, but I rather see the Eldorado as an exclusive model and body type, like the used to be since 1967.

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
anytime i saw a seville and eldo side by side the only diffrences were rear quarters, less doors, and slightly shorter grill....

(90s and up)

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
I am affraid it will end up just like that IF they will launch a new ETC...
But the name Eldorado stands for some more exclusiveness than a dubbed coupe. I think it will take some time, but Cadillac will come back with an ETC and even an FLS! (Fleetwood Luxury Sedan)

I hope both with more Sixteenish/Cien style than the CTS style!!!

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
i hope to god they come back with the Fleetwood, and make it compete with the S Class, 7 Series, A8, etc.

·
Registered
NONE
280 Posts
Very nice pictures! Thanks! But Eldorado is a history now (a great history), and I don't believe they will bring it back. The "ETC" name has a small chances too. My choice is an "STC", because it is based on the STS.
93fleetwoodlowlow said:
i thought the STS was competeing with the A8? maybe i am thinking of something else?
The STS competes with the E-Class, the A6 and the 5-series, while the CTS competes with the C-Class, the A4 and the 3-series.

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks Mr Collaziano!

i still dont really understand why the eldo should have a completely different body style

In 1956, Cadillac decided to bring out a hardtop version of the Eldorado. To distinguish between the two models, the convertible was called Eldorado Biarritz and the hardtop got the name Eldorado Seville. So as a matter of fact, the first Sevilles were not four door sedans, as we know them today, but ultra-luxurious two door hardtop coupes.
how tru is this....

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Yes the Eldorado evolved from an existing body style. But from 1967 the Eldorado got it's own.
So, after the Eldorado died, it could re-emerge from another existing body style. Yes. But IMO that is a pitty. I do understand that GM might not have had the sources to fit a new ETC in the new line. But it's still a pitty.

And hey, I am just venting. I am certainly not to be taken that serious and taken into consideration by Cadillac...

Again, I really like the coupe version of the STS! It absolutely looks great! Even without any sporty mods. But I wouldn't call it an ETC...

·
Registered
780 Posts
70eldo said:
Very nice chop!
Though, I don't think a coupe makes an Eldorado... STS coupe might be a very, very good idea, but I rather see the Eldorado as an exclusive model and body type, like the used to be since 1967.
Amen.

·
Registered
1997 Dark Adriatic Metallic Blue Deville Sittin on 20 Chrome
328 Posts
Oh my... I would by that "DTC" in a heart beat. I wish Cadillac would bring back the Eldorado/ETC

·
Registered
1998 CADILLAC STS
179 Posts
I remember as a kid, I loved the 1966 Eldorado, especially in Black, but when I saw the all-new 1967 in Look Magazine at the Public Library, I nearly fainted! I went home got my money from the piggy bank and bought my own copy of the Look article on the new 67's. Then I showed the article to my dad, he kind of liked it, but bought a Chevy instead ( I think it was a Caprice). He said the family needed more space. However later on my girlfriend's dad down the street got a Gold 68 Eldo, it was hot! He was the rage of the neighborhood.

·
Registered
2004 Escalade, 07 Road King, 08 Challenger SRT8
712 Posts
Very nice.....

Put me down for the ETC-V in Diamond White.....

Rick Waggoner, pick up the white courtesy telephone, urgent call from OffThaHorse Productions.... something about your new award winning Eldorado Touring Coupe.... Yeah, you might want to take this call.....

Do you think OffThaHorse will still talk to us when he's rich and famous????

The parts guy at Crest Cadillac told me the strangest thing last time I saw him.... he says people walk in the showroom all the time, and want to buy a new Eldorado.... and they're crushed when they're told "they don't make 'em anymore..." People apparently are unaware they stopped....

I still can't believe they stopped the Eldorado... that's in the pantheon of bad decisions....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts