Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a pair of 18's for the rear of my '10 sedan. As I read through the posts, I see most use Z06 wheels. So I have found 2 diff sets of 18x10.5 from Z's, but the offsets are different. Can anyone tell me which would be a better fit to try and not require spacers if possible? First set is a 18x10.5 with a +58 offset. The next set is a 18x10.5 with a +56 offset, then there is a 19x10 set with a +65 or +68mm offset choices. I really am looking for width/fitment first & larger sidewall second. Thx guys!

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I suppose spacers it is, I was just hoping those running them could help with the offset as that part confuses me. Which way pushes the wheel outward moor positive or less?

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thebigjimsho said:
I always imagine I'm standing over a bare wheel and looking down. As offset increases positively, its from the center of the wheel moving outward...
Outward like away from the suspension and towards the fender edge? And to think I thought I had it figured.

----------

Great now just as I thought I had it figured it out, I get it confused once again.

When you say outward, do u mean away from suspension and towards fender edge?

·
Registered
2014 ATS Luxury
553 Posts
Get the 40mm offset.

09+ Z06 FRONT WHEEL 18x9.5 with 40mm offset fit perfectly.

You can also buy the TSW Nurburgrings in 18 x 9.5 with 40mm offset. Both clear the calipers but the TSWs are lighter by several pounds per wheel.

·
Registered
2009 Black Raven CTS V/Manual
201 Posts
Guys. A negative offset will stick out more than positive. Think a few of the posts have it backwards. The lower the number the further out the rim will sit.

----------

Another note... You can only compare offsets from wheel to wheel if they are the same width.

A 9 inch wheel with a 0 offset will have 4.5 back spacing. But if you widen that wheel to 10 inch you now have a 5.5 inch back space and a positive 25mm offset. But, the wheel will stick out the same amount as the 9 inch wheel with 0 offset. See what I'm saying. This is why so many people get confused with wheel sizes.

I hope I didn't confuse you more

·
Registered
Had 2009 V, Red/Blk 2016 Now
4,186 Posts
No Smokin, I think we are all using different terms for the same thing. :) We may be getting the hub vs. the edge when we say "sticking out". Good clarification on different widths though.

·
Registered
2009 CTS4 Sedan
103 Posts
If it helps any I built a whole site that not only explains offset, also shows a whole gallery of rides with detailed specs, some CTS sedans w 10" wide wheels and +40 and +45 offsets. Check out www.customoffsets.com let me know what u think.

·
Registered
2014 ATS Luxury
553 Posts
I was curious if there would be rubbing. Had the V loaded last night and no issues...
Zero issues for me...the car is a beast in snow it's ridiculous how good it is considering the power/performance of the car. The technology in the TCS these days is amazing. It's literally more stable than my old 2010 STI in the snow for everyday driving.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Zero issues for me...the car is a beast in snow it's ridiculous how good it is considering the power/performance of the car. The technology in the TCS these days is amazing. It's literally more stable than my old 2010 STI in the snow for everyday driving.
I am in my V right now in the supermarket parking lot. Snow tires with T/C off and Competitive Driving Mode on is soo much fun. Looking for an empty lot to turn everything off. Yes, the nannies make this car foolproof in the winter...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts