Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 escalade 07
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up im sorry if this ? has been asked but im about to buy some 26's and wanted to know whats the offset for the 07

·
Registered
Cadillac
139 Posts
thats not completly accurate. the front and rear offsets are not the same. If you use the same offset on all four corners your wheels wont fit right. plus 30 in the rear brings the wheels almost flush with the wheelwells. a plus 30 in the front would have the front wheels sticking way out passed the wheelwell. Thats why you would use a plus 20 on the front. If you put a plus 20 in the rear the wheel would look "sucked in" when it was mounted.

·
Registered
Cadillac
139 Posts
These are pics of the offset of my wheels. the first pic is the front the second is the rear. You can clearly see that the rear wheel has a much thicker hub then the front. Front plus 20 rear plus 30

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
458 Posts
Gforceext I do not want to disagree or agree with you, I am not an expert in this , but as this matter was over discussed in this forum, all agreed upon detailed measures that it should be a plus 30 and that is what I got on my Truck and it loooks perfect, no ins or outs .

·
Registered
Cadillac
139 Posts
Whatever. Everyone has their own preference. I am very picky. The last thing I want to be is "that guy" who got the wrong fitment on his wheels. So for me bksp,offset tire size, wheel diameter and look of the wheel are huge issues. In the caracas case Giovanna does not make anything larger than a +30. The escalade really needs a plus 35 or 40 to look right in the rear. So I even went so far as to get custom hub and wheel centric 10mm spacers made. It looks friggin badass but the lugs are to short. I still have not put them on for good because I'm lazy. It boils down to what you like and what you can live with. If you love the way your wheels look who the hell am I to say different.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey I have a 03 escalade and I just got the blessing from the wife to get the 08. I have 26's on now and I want to transfer them to my 08. Where did you guys get your spacers from and how much? My rims now are a +18 all the way around. Thanks.

·
Registered
Cadillac
9 Posts
I just went thru this so I can tell you +25 on a 07 and up WILL make the stick out past the fenders, if you go with 305/35/24's you will get a slight rub with the +25 offset.
I had them pull mine off because I told them I did not want them to stick out, and they did with the +25 offset.
After arguing for 2 hrs with them they finally gave me my money back and off I went.
I bought some 24x10 Neeper Javv six with a +30 offset all around , and can not be any happier, that 5mm MAKES A DIFFERENCE. Now they sit nice and flush, I also went with the 285/40/24's which fill up the fender well nicer and honestly can not tell the difference in the ride from the factory 22's.
The offset from the 06 and prior did change to what is needed on the 07 and up.
06 and prior needed a +18 to a +25 depending on taste
Trust me on this I learned the hard way..

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Yea my 24 x 10 with 305/35/24's do not stick out any more than the stock 22's, they do slightly rub on my Hotchkis sway bars but that is only lock to lock parking

·
Registered
57 Posts
dont, even go down that road , with trying to get longer studs. been there dun that . i spent two weeks trying to find someone who could magnufacture longer stud's when i got my brake kit and spacers made. it was just a big hassle. i just had to have new wheels made.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts