Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V Clack 6psd (manual), Recaro, Loaded...
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I figured that given as rare as these cars are we might start a "spotted" thread.

Also, to memorialize the occasion, I spotted a Metallic Red V2 this afternoon on my way home from work. As it happened I bypassed my typical route home to take a slightly twistier path and sure enough there it was.

I managed to jump in behind him and followed him for about 4 miles or so along some great back roads. I was amazed by the overall stance of the car from the rear (these things do look mean on the road!). He still had temp plates so I assume that he is still breaking the car in, but he seemed to be having fun all the same.

Anyway, if this happened to be a forum member (dring around Volente/Lake Travis in Austin) congrats on a great looking car and let's do that again!

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V Clack 6psd (manual), Recaro, Loaded...
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whether it was or wasn't, the guys was pretty cool and threw me a big wave from the sunroof before turning off onto his street. If a member, he's only a few miles from me, we might have to arrange some Austin area cruises, that would be cool.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
366 Posts
Any V Mobiles in lower NY area? I live in Dutchess County, Fishkill to be exact. Would like to meet any V1 or V2 guys. Anyone around here? So far i am the only one in the area that i have seen. Not too many V1s around either. Everyone came around the car last Sat. night at the local Car spot at Dunkin Donuts in Wappingers. Lots of ricers. Not too many old rods. A couple Vets and Vipers. Feels Cool to have a ride again after my GN. I miss that car too. I will get one again someday. Always wanted to build a 1000 HP GN. Hope to see one of you guys around my area. Big Car show at the Dutchess County fair grounds but my wife won't let me go to big public places as i might get swine flu.:thehand:
Later.
Mike

·
Registered
Cadillac 2009 CTS-V Radiant Silver
867 Posts
Any V Mobiles in lower NY area? I live in Dutchess County, Fishkill to be exact. Would like to meet any V1 or V2 guys. Anyone around here? So far i am the only one in the area that i have seen. Not too many V1s around either. Everyone came around the car last Sat. night at the local Car spot at Dunkin Donuts in Wappingers. Lots of ricers. Not too many old rods. A couple Vets and Vipers. Feels Cool to have a ride again after my GN. I miss that car too. I will get one again someday. Always wanted to build a 1000 HP GN. Hope to see one of you guys around my area. Big Car show at the Dutchess County fair grounds but my wife won't let me go to big public places as i might get swine flu.:thehand:
Later.
Mike
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

MSNBC reported you have to kiss a pig to get it...

just a rumor I figure

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V 2009
46 Posts
Hey guys,
I have been looking around a lot and i haven't spotted any V's out here in San Diego, CA. I have spotted one back in Feb and it had dealer tags on it and the guy that was driving it did not look like he owned the car. It was a thunder gray with painted wheels.

Will i hope to see more V2's in CA just to through a big smile and a big wave at them when they pass by.

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
Here are my other CTS-V sightings:

*hears crickets*

Yup, have seen none.

·
Registered
Started with '04 BR V, moved on to '09 Slvr V, now '13 CRT coupe
1,957 Posts
Hm-mph.... it's rare that I see any V series cars in my part of the woods, so I was shocked when I found myself alongside a black V2 in traffic in State College, PA the other day.
I give a big wave/V sign with a huge schitt-eating grin :D on my face.
The guy driving the V2 gives me a blank look :yawn: with no response, moves out and turned off at the next street.

I guess since I was in my lowly V1 with the raucous B&B exhaust, I was not to be acknowledged.
Then again... maybe it was the drool on my chin. :drool:

·
Registered
867 Posts
Hm-mph.... it's rare that I see any V series cars in my part of the woods, so I was shocked when I found myself alongside a black V2 in traffic in State College, PA the other day.
I give a big wave/V sign with a huge schitt-eating grin :D on my face.
The guy driving the V2 gives me a blank look :yawn: with no response, moves out and turned off at the next street.

I guess since I was in my lowly V1 with the raucous B&B exhaust, I was not to be acknowledged.
Then again... maybe it was the drool on my chin. :drool:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

upgrade

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
If you buy a v from me I through in a pig no charge.

·
Registered
09 CTS-V
65 Posts
I have not seeing one in Orlando florida,,,any body from Orlando want to meet up?, go to old town car show and do mod's and so on? if you are down please let me know

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
Here are my other CTS-V sightings:

*hears crickets*

Yup, have seen none.
Exactly my experience. I have never even seen a V1 around here, or an STS-V. I'm really surprised that is the case in such a big metro as Cleveland.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V & 2009 CTS
77 Posts
I live here in Car Happy Cali (SF Bay Area), drive on heavily traveled I-80 between SF and Sacramento and I-5 to the LA basin, and I ain't seen one on the road yet. I haven't even seen a V2 in Los Angeles!

·
Registered
CTS-V
1,192 Posts
I saw a white diamond V2 on Rt.202 a few weeks ago. I'm glad I saw it on the road because I wasn't sure how it would look (looked cool). I usually get black or silver so I think I'm going to get a white one this time, with window tint, polished wheels, and the red calipers.

·
Registered
867 Posts
If you buy a v from me I through in a pig no charge.

Damn, wondering what that "squeel" was, and for sure, there it was, THANKS Scott your the best !
Got any paper towels and some carpet cleaner?

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V, 2009 535i
1,840 Posts
I finally saw another customer-delivered V2 at my dealer yesterday. Black, Alhambra, CA. Otherwise, zilch on the road. I know you kindred spirits are out there, but it's kind of like "Hey, you're from L.A?! Do you know so-and-so?" Erm...

Off-topic: An 08-09 CTS pulled up behind me in traffic once; I could see the husband gesturing at the badge, the exhaust, and so forth, but I could also tell the wife was having none of it :D

·
Registered
CTS-V
533 Posts
I saw a Black V2 at "The Vette Doctors" out on Long Island, NY.
He was getting headers, tune and a pully I think...

·
Premium Member
2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual
1,371 Posts
I've seen a few v1's in the area, but no v2's at all. I know at least a couple are around because I think I remember a couple of Seattle area members chiming in on this board on occasion. But, as I recall, they were up in Bellevue, WA., which is quite a distance from my area.

Rob

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V and 1998 Seville STS
98 Posts
Hey OldRoadDawg, I live here in State College and I'VE yet to see a V2 here yet! The only V1's I've seen here are mine, another one that looks just like mine that I've heard is owned by a PSU professor, and yours.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I live in Gaithersburg MD and travel to DC everyday and to date have yet to see a V2 on the road. Even V1's seem to be rare...

1 - 20 of 110 Posts