Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Lord Cadillac's Wife
No Cadillac at this time
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like last year, if we don't have enough Cadillacs for a specific calendar, there will be a vote. This year, you can 'have it your way'. If you submit one photo, you'll get one photo on a calendar page. If you submit two photos, you'll get two photos on a calendar page. If you submit three photos, you'll get 3 photos on a calendar page. In the event you submit 3, you'll need to indicate which one you want to have 'large' - while the other 2 will be smaller.

Once again, there will be three calendars.. YOU should help decide which years cover which.. Classic, Recent and New...

All discussions in regards to this year's Cadillac calendar should take place here.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
How about a pic of the deVille and the S320 together? Would that be a possible contender or does it have to be "Cadillac only"?

·
Registered
01 Eldo ETC, 02 Deville SOLD!
1,815 Posts
If you were lucky enough to be on the '07 effort, is there any prohibition against submitting for the '08? Or are we doing it by vote again?

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
How about a pic of the deVille and the S320 together? Would that be a possible contender or does it have to be "Cadillac only"?
Sorry. Cadillacs only for these particular calendars.

If you were lucky enough to be on the '07 effort, is there any prohibition against submitting for the '08? Or are we doing it by vote again?
Anyone is welcome. If we get more that enough entries, there will be a vote...

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
How exciting. I'd like to say I was very honored to be in last years calendar.

I'm not sure it's fair to expect to make the cut twice, however I'm pretty excited :bouncy: about some changes to the DTS this year. Therefore I intend on submitting some high quality photos sometime in the next week or so.

This is going to be the most bestest calendar ever :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
4,414 Posts
codewize, what also makes the calendar so special ,such a great person's ride to be in it :D

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
Last year was our first calendar (and they actually came out very nice!). There were a lot of issues that won't be happening this year. We learned from the experience... Nonetheless, the calendars are going to be great. I'm anxious to get started on them..

·
Registered
94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)
3,730 Posts
I thought there was a lot of wasted space on last year's calender, a lot of black space. I also thought the pictures looked a little tacky with just the user's screen name and nothing else. However, as whole, the calenders were very nice, and I'm glad we're starting early on it this year.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
That's kind of what I was saying, that we learned from experience. I hope you didn't take that wrong.

Last year was our first calendar (and they actually came out very nice!). There were a lot of issues that won't be happening this year. We learned from the experience... Nonetheless, the calendars are going to be great. I'm anxious to get started on them..

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
There's always room for improvement. I personally don't think there was enough feedback last year as to what direction to take the layout in.

I'm sure with a little help this year we can make it a truly awesome experience.

I think username, year and model is a good start. I also think the layout per vehicle was based on some parameters we're probably unaware of.

Lets work together this time and voice out opinions in an organized fashion.
I thought there was a lot of wasted space on last year's calender, a lot of black space. I also thought the pictures looked a little tacky with just the user's screen name and nothing else. However, as whole, the calenders were very nice, and I'm glad we're starting early on it this year.

·
Registered
1979 Phaeton Coupe, 1990 Brougham d'Elegance 5.7 liter
4,416 Posts
Count me in, just have to get my pictures together. I agree that we should have more than just the user name displayed with the cars. We should at least have year and model in addition, and I think it might be interesting to have the location shown, if everybody is comfortable with that.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
^ Yeah, I think we should have something like "Benzilla, 1979 Coupe deVille Phaeton Edition" or "90Brougham350, 1990 Brougham", etc etc.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
I think those cars mentioned there could go together on maybe a RWD calendar? Then there could be a FWD calendar?

See the problem is there are so many ways to break it down we cold end up with 50 calendars and that's not going to happen.

Maybe we should come up with these ideas or breakdown points and vote on them?

It can be done by vintage, driveline, style, model, etc. There are way to many choices top list but lets start listing them and see what people want to see.

·
Registered
1979 Phaeton Coupe, 1990 Brougham d'Elegance 5.7 liter
4,416 Posts
The thing I didn't like about last year's split up (new, old, and a mix) was that I bought one 'classics' calendar, but there were some cars in the mix calendar that I would have like to have on my wall, too. One obvious way to do it would be:

19XX-1996 full size RWD & pre-1985 Eldorado & Seville
1985-2000 downsized semi-modern models
2000-present "Art & Science" Cadillacs.

Although, the '90s calendar with be hard pressed to find active users with cars they want to show off, judging by last year's turnout. Which, it seems, is why we ended up with the 'overflow' third calendar. So here we are again, I'm out of ideas...

·
Registered
1993 SedanDeville (RIP), 2006 CTS (current)
3,338 Posts
Why not also include a caption with the member's shortened Cadillac story in the photo?

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
it shouldnt be 3 pics either
just one big massive pic
the best of the best
and what about 2 cadillacs?
id love to take some of the 97 ETC and the 74 vert together
or maybe the two STSs (dads 98 my 03)
is that allowed?
can a person have two different entries?

·
Registered
None yet
431 Posts
for one stunning cadillac calendar ide say break it down to either 3 groups or 4 groups vote for top 3 -4 in each group then make them the one calendar with a variety of great looking caddies.....and 1 calendar

and the last page can be smaller shots of some honerable mention caddies.......i think it would be great like that tribute to all caddies not separate calendars

names should be user name at the bottom in small letters and the cars actual name at the top in good looking lettering...

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Well after yesterday I guess I'm hoping for the single photo layout. We had some problems with the paint on the engine compartment parts and I was planning on that being one of my shots.

So depending on when these are actually due will depend on weather or not I can get that shot.

I did get a great shot of the car itself but I want to retake it for a couple reasons. I want to really provide magazine quality shots and I'm not talking about resolution.

So anyway, onward and upward.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.