Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 escalade
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do some easy one lane dirt roads with moderate up hill grades. Has anyone done harder moderate off road trails. The AWD seems to work extremely well. GM tells me this vehicle is built very strong.

·
Registered
08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
1,852 Posts
justin mazzon said:
I do some easy one lane dirt roads with moderate up hill grades. Has anyone done harder moderate off road trails. The AWD seems to work extremely well. GM tells me this vehicle is built very strong.
At glamis sand dunes in cali i had to go off road with a flatbed trailer to retrieve a broken sandcar, i was impressed after i made it back to the pavement ..... Nothin crazy jus real soft sand

·
Registered
2005 Escalade ESV
234 Posts
I have driven around construction sites down here with 6: suits in the car (including me) to show my progress on jobs. It's very impressive to drive around a huge job site that is nothing but loose sand ( the kind of place where 2 wheel drive pick ups have to be pulled out)...in the summer heat...then pull up to the valet of a very nice restaurant with sand all over the wheels and tires. No body breaks a sweat and you get the job done with "Cadillac style". :thumbsup:

Another great use is pulling a 7500# boat up a slick boat ramp at low tide with all 4 wheels digging in...no problem....a job that very few 2 wheel drive rigs can handle.:worship:

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
sprink60 said:
I have driven around construction sites down here with 6: suits in the car (including me) to show my progress on jobs. It's very impressive to drive around a huge job site that is nothing but loose sand ( the kind of place where 2 wheel drive pick ups have to be pulled out)...in the summer heat...then pull up to the valet of a very nice restaurant with sand all over the wheels and tires. No body breaks a sweat and you get the job done with "Cadillac style". :thumbsup:

Another great use is pulling a 7500# boat up a slick boat ramp at low tide with all 4 wheels digging in...no problem....a job that very few 2 wheel drive rigs can handle.:worship:
Or driving in snow and on ice without worry(which I have done)

·
Registered
2005 escalade
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just took the esk after a rain in some 2' grass, no roads. There's a little culvert that runs through the field which was full of water. Took some gas to get thru as there is a small drop off on each side of the culvert but no problem until coming back. Got stuck in a small ditch took about 5 minutes but made it out. 10 minutes after I parked a gentlemen came up to me in his suv and said don't take your esk thru there EVERYONE GETS STUCK. I didn't tell him I made it thru at first. He was shocked I ruined his day! Good day in the grass!!!

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
justin mazzon said:
Just took the esk after a rain in some 2' grass, no roads. There's a little culvert that runs through the field which was full of water. Took some gas to get thru as there is a small drop off on each side of the culvert but no problem until coming back. Got stuck in a small ditch took about 5 minutes but made it out. 10 minutes after I parked a gentlemen came up to me in his suv and said don't take your esk thru there EVERYONE GETS STUCK. I didn't tell him I made it thru at first. He was shocked I ruined his day! Good day in the grass!!!
Love to see the look on people's faces when you make it in a escalade my cousin said I could never off road in mine boy was he wrong(and he was in my truck when I did woot) needless to say he didn't talk to me for a week I think I hurt his ego(he has a hummer h2) but I have went mudding (not something I like to do as the truck is a pain to clean afterward even though its fun at the time)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts