Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what is it exactly about guys OWNING cars they can't DRIVE?
I RARELY post in this section but today I had an experience that is so telling of the common driver these days, that I just HAD to bring it up.
I brought my FTS out today because I have my Jeep apart in the driveway (middle of a mod). I was on my way home from work when I come upon a young guy with a VW R32 with an exhaust. The car looked real nice (I like the R32). Anyways, I came upon him right after I turned onto the local highway that runs along the Delaware river in Trenton (Rt 29 for anyone local). I was in the right lane, he was in the left. We're doing maybe 40ish heading into a nice stretch that is basically an 1/8th mile set of 'S' curves. Nothing radical but real nice on a bike or in a sportscar. He hits it and I hit it. Number 1, I blow by the guy, but the funny thing is he then just backed-off and hung WAY behind me for the remainder of the trip out Rt 29 (maybe 2-3 miles). I figure either I scared the hell out of the guy roaring into the curves with my big boat, and he figured he's better off to give me PLENTY of space, or I just plain beat his ego down so bad that he didn't want to "play" with me anymore.
Either way, the point is not that my car is SO FAST, or handles SO GREAT ('cause admittedly the R32 is most likely quicker and certainly better handling than my FTS could ever hope to be), it's that the guy had a superior car, especially in the 'S' curves, but I still triumphed easily.
So my point is, WHY buy a car like that if you either CAN'T, or WON'T drive it like it's meant to be driven?
Hence my title, "sportscars and pansies". :hmm:

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Maybe the guy had a bad day at work and was just tired or something like that, who knows.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts