Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 CTS Coupe Blk Raven/platinum
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help me out with your opinions,what would you go with and why .
19"x 8.5" with OEM tire or 19"x 9" & 19"x 10" with OEM tire. This is for a 2012 coupe

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe
61 Posts
Theres barely any difference if your using the stock tires. Stock wheels are 8.5" thick up front and 9" in back. Theres barely any point in going 19x10 in back since you won't be putting any more rubber on the road with the stock tire. I also might not stretch the stock tires to an inch thicker rim in back, but there probably wouldn't be any harm in doing it. The rear tires made for the 9" rim, however, would be easy to squeeze onto the 8.5" rim.

So I guess my vote is for the 19x8.5's all around, even though you'll lose the cool staggered setup, kinda.

Personally, since I plan on going with new tires and wheels, I'm going to move up to 10" thick wheels in the back with much wider tires.

----------

Edit post. down at the bottom of the post with the "reply" and "Reply with quote" options

·
Registered
2012 CTS Coupe Blk Raven/platinum
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Smokescreen please post numbers you are looking at going, and wht is your opinion on TSW 20x9 & 20x10.5 / Toyo Proxes 245/30ZR20 & 305/25ZR20 I do most of my driving on really nice dry asphalt,no construction,no potholes.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe
61 Posts
Well if you're going with new tires than thats a different story. A lot of guys don't like 22's on our coupes, but thats what I'm going with. I'm planning on using Fathom FD-RA's in 22x8.5 fronts and 22x10 rear. Tires will be Lexani LX-nine in 235/30R22 and 295/25R22, respectively.

Rim diameter is a different discussion though. Also, the TSW's do look great on these cars, they're just a little simple for my taste.

Anyway, if you will be going with new tires, especially a very wide 305/25 in the back, then yes, definitely go with the staggered setup. Even if you never see the performance gain of all that rubber on the road, just the aesthetic value of that nice wide tire is great since you can see the tires so easily from behind the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts