Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
escalade
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have subs and amps with the factory radio? i know i can be done but will it sound good and clear? im only looking to add one kicker 12'' and a 300watt amp. has anyone heard of the Maxxsonics MX-4 Add-A-Sub High-to-Low Level Converter? thanks guys.

·
Registered
'01 Pearl White - Sold 10/11, '09 Raven Black :)
737 Posts
It can be done but it will not sound as good as a good namebrand aftermarket headunit. However if it HAS to be done, you should had some sort of Equaliser or signal processing unit in the setup... BTW, maxxsonics who make Hifonics, make some good stuff...

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
pc is right, without an aftermarket HU, you are gonna be stuck with speaker level output which is inherently not as good as a dedicated pre-out on a headunit.

·
Registered
2004 Escalade
169 Posts
If it is just a sub you are adding then go ahead. I added a sub to a stock head unit on an S10 Blazer - it was fine. Invest in a good sub and amp that way you will be set when and if you update the head unit.

·
Registered
Cadillac Ext
4 Posts
I just got mine done 2 weeks ago, it doesn't sound bad but I now I'm thinking about switching out the head unit.I think you're better off just switching it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts