Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a base ‘18 XT5 with the terrible halogens and wanted to see if it was possible to swap the stock halogens for stock LED’s? Not aftermarket bulb swaps as many people have discussed on the forums but swapping the entire halogen lightning unit for a stock LED unit. It looks like there are two versions available: an LED w/auto leveling (p/n 23386131) and one without auto level (p/n 84826666) so not sure which would work on my base model or if it requires addl parts like a new gauge cluster etc which I’m not willing to do.

Realize this makes zero financial sense but want to get it right as it’s my daily driver and the halogens are really dim. I also don’t want to deal with aftermarket bulbs burning out, blinding other drivers etc.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

· Registered
2020 XT5 Platinum in Red Horizon Tintcoat and Maple Sugar interior
877 Posts
If anything other than an OEM to OEM swap is off the table then I guess anything is possible if you want to spend the necessary money to do the job but you are right that it makes zero financial sense. I will say however that the LED headlights on my car are the best of any car I've ever owned.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts