Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Escalade EXT
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL....yeah I know about google and this is what I came up with when searching that particular part number. But the picture you posted looks much better. I wonder if the guy cut off some of the pipe to make it look like that.

·
Registered
2009 AWD Escalade Ultra Luxury Raven Black
1,800 Posts
Lol I think I just threw up in my mouth, looking at that 70's shag carpet!

·
Registered
993 Posts
OP, you might want to check your local parts store first and see if you can find a tip for much cheaper than $90. I bought one couple of years ago for my Silverado and it cost me $30.

·
Registered
2008 Escalade EXT
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went to the local auto parts store today. It's a big place and they have lots of chrome tips but nothing that would fit. The tail pipe on the EXT is 3.5" in diameter and everything at the store was either way too small or way too big. I think I'll just order the OEM one to make it easy.

----------

Found it on ebay for $65 including shipping and the seller is 40 miles from me so maybe it will show up tomorrow or Friday.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have that tip that came on my 08 Escalade. Looks good, simple, like it belongs. Whatever that pic is where it looks like it is pointing down away from that car looks bad... mine sits normal and just dresses up the pipe some.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade AWD Premium, 2011 CTS4 Premium Coupe
164 Posts
I just installed this on my truck (non-EXT, though) a week or two ago. Ordered the OEM tip on eBay for about $50. I think it looks great honestly, as mentioned earlier like it belongs there. A nice detail upgrade for those of us who haven't gotten around to doing a full exhaust swap. I'll try and find a pic and post it, later (at work right now).

·
Registered
2008 Escalade EXT
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good to hear. I was hoping the one I ordered on ebay would be here today but no dice. I also ordered the chrome tow hooks to finish off the front.

·
Registered
08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
1,854 Posts
evois said:
this is european spec 2007 escalade! notice the rear fog lamps! I have been looking for that part but it is not carried here in the US.
I'm seeing that those are just reflectors and the fog is built into the left rear taillight in place of the reverse lamp

·
Registered
2008 Escalade EXT
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Chrome GM exhaust tip installed. Very nice and clean looking.

I also did the chrome tow hooks. What a pain the top passenger side bolt was.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts