Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah we have the carfax report and at one point it goes from 7,364 to 13,606 in 10 months but then to 44,000 exactly and says Roadside service (Battery/jump start) in only another 4 months and then to exactly 45,000 5 months later and says the same but then to 16,548 only a month later. I did ask the dealership about that and they said the km must not have been known or wasn't recorded correctly?!? So possibly it was tampered with at some point?!? I guess if that is the case it'll be to our favor now though when we sell anyways and price wise even if it was more I still think we did pretty good considering we still have quite a bit of warranty. Let's hope anyways! I guess I'll definitely check the trip mileage now though on the next one!

·
Registered
2004 ESV
768 Posts
45000 KM is almost 28000 miles, so almost nothing on the Carfax report seems to add up.

If the car is fine mechanically, I wouldn't worry about it. And if you are going to keep it for several years, or "drive it until the wheels fall off", it's also a non-issue.

·
Registered
2006 Escalade AWD w/DiabloSport tuner,Jet Performance throttle body/MAF,Airaid MIT
1,281 Posts
Yeah we have the carfax report and at one point it goes from 7,364 to 13,606 in 10 months but then to 44,000 exactly and says Roadside service (Battery/jump start) in only another 4 months and then to exactly 45,000 5 months later and says the same but then to 16,548 only a month later. I did ask the dealership about that and they said the km must not have been known or wasn't recorded correctly?!? So possibly it was tampered with at some point?!? I guess if that is the case it'll be to our favor now though when we sell anyways and price wise even if it was more I still think we did pretty good considering we still have quite a bit of warranty. Let's hope anyways! I guess I'll definitely check the trip mileage now though on the next one!
Weird. My guess would be an replacement engine with less miles than the original engine, however due to it being an 2018 model a dealership should have performed the repair under warranty which would be documented. Odd for sure.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts