Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
01 Eldo ETC, 02 Deville SOLD!
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a slight, but noticeable, grinding noise coming from the depths of the front (pass side) of the engine. It disappears completely when the A/C is switched ON, but reappears when the A/C is OFF. Thusly, I suspect something in the AC system (brilliant, ain't I??? LOL)

Pulley bearings? Compressor innards? Full Moon?

It sounds like the Eldo might have to make the first trip to a dealer in 28 months...since I still have the GMPP warranty in effect, perhaps now is a good time, eh?

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
sounds like the compressor
you CAN try reoiling it (adding a/c oil) but im guessing its already toast
not a cheap fix if you stick with GM parts, i went to advanced and did it myself on my 97 it wasnt hard, cost me 400 i believe for everything including freon

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,105 Posts
:thumbsup: Clutch idler bearing ........Running free, it rattles, clutch engaged, the compressor shaft bearing takes the (most of) load. How many miles? Long term fix is whole unit..........$$$

·
Registered
01 Eldo ETC, 02 Deville SOLD!
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:thumbsup: Clutch idler bearing ........Running free, it rattles, clutch engaged, the compressor shaft bearing takes the (most of) load. How many miles? Long term fix is whole unit..........$$$
The 36MO/36K mile GMPP B-to-B warranty I got when I bought the Eldo in April of 05 still has about 8K miles to go on it..so it shouldn't cost more than the $100 deductible.

Will stay in touch. I may have my wife take the car to General Sales in West Chester one day this week...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts