Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac DTS Luxury III 135K
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
P0440-Evap(Current)shows SES light unless i clear it

B2710-Passkey open/Shorted Pellet(History) what does that mean?

C1236-Low System Voltage(Current) Just showed up What does that mean

C1243-BPMV Motor Stalled(current) yeah ABS/Trac does not work not worried

B1771-Cassete Tape Slow(History) not worried

B2120-Lumbar up/down sensor failed(History) What does that mean

B2144-B2146(History) Left front mirror Horizontal and vertical circuit low

·
Registered
1996 Eldorado
2,814 Posts
Clear the history codes see if they return. The evap code is usually a air leak in the system or maybe as simple as a loose gas cap. The low voltage is just what is says, charge the battery or go for a long drive using minimal accessories, You have no region in your heading listed but if you are using seat heaters & HVAC fans , Headlights, defrosters,ect... this will put excessive drain on a cold battery. Low volts can cause other codes.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes i do use all that stuff and i live in western Pennsylvania and it has been pretty cold for a while here and the odd thing is the battery is no more then 6 months old, maybe it is because i rarely drive long distance with the car also the B2710, B2120 and C1236 is new, the rest have been there since i bought the car

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")
6,405 Posts
B2710-Passkey open/Shorted Pellet(History) what does that mean?
Look at the base of the blade on your ignition key. Notice a plastic protrusion with a metal contact in the middle (on both sides of the blade)?
That is a resistor, when you insert your key into the ignition cylinder there are two contacts touching that resistor. Then two wires run to the IPC and the IPC reads the resistor value and compares it with the ones is programmed.
If no match your car won't start for 3 minutes (you will see a message telling you to wait 3 minutes).
So this code tells you there is something wrong with the contacts in the ignition cylinder or the two wires going to the IPC.

B2120-Lumbar up/down sensor failed(History) What does that mean
Your car stores settings (set position, mirrors, HU and climate control settings) for two drivers. Based on what key fob you use to unlock the doors (or what button you press on the door 1 or 2) it will automatically adjust the seats/mirrors/HU and climate control to that driver's preference. In the seat there are lumbar adjustments (a motor) and there is a sensor that tells the MSM (Memory Seat Module) where the lumbar adjustment is positioned so it knows when to stop.

C1236-Low System Voltage(Current) Just showed up What does that mean
The car has 2 low voltage thresholds, below 9.?V and below ?.?V. If the voltage falls bellow the limits a code is set. Check your battery terminals (if clean and tight), you may need to test the battery and the alternator.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the battery reads between 13-14.5 when car is running and 10.8-11.7 when not running

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
The battery should not go bellow 12.X while the car is off. What kind of battery you have?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you know what that is the wrong battery i said, i dont know what kind it is but i know it was a 100$ one from advance

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
Can't say I am familiar with, appears to be made by Johnson Controls(?). That would be a good thing in my book but. Perhaps somebody familiar with this battery will chime in.

·
Registered
'98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx miles)
4,854 Posts
The battery should not go bellow 12.X while the car is off. What kind of battery you have?
I'll step in here and challenge that position. Voltage is not the only variable.

The definitve battery test is -- does the engine crank fast enough to start each and every time you twist the key to START??
This time of year, my KEY ON - ENGINE OFF battery voltage is always less than 12 Volts and the engine does not fail to start. The first time the engine failed to crank fast enough to start, I would replace my battery!!

Yes, my car spends a lot of time south of Interstate 20, but it's also spends time in hotel parking lots in Hamilton between October and January.

·
Registered
'98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx miles)
4,854 Posts
Can't say I am familiar with, appears to be made by Johnson Controls(?). That would be a good thing in my book but. Perhaps somebody familiar with this battery will chime in.
Johnson is one of the 5 or ?? major battery producers on this continent. They build batteries to the specifications of many many retail brand names including ACDelco and the overrated Optima and everthing in between.

The difference lies in the brand name specifications.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the engine never failed to crank over ever, so it could possible them codes i got are real then

1 - 13 of 13 Posts