Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2014 S550
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone locate Bright LED Replacement Reverse Bulb for the Alien :sadeyes: 7010 factory bulb? I have my side windows tinted to match the rear. Would like brighter bulbs when backing up using side mirrors. Wife hit the curb and scratched the edge of the rim. Have a hard time parking using the mirrors looking at the curb while reversing, a bit more light would be great.

·
Registered
2016 SRX Performance, 2006 STS 4,
234 Posts
There are no direct fit led bulbs out there yet. There is a old thread created by the captain, where he has done this mod, but it's not plug and play.

I m not sure having the leds is going to brighten your backup path that much, but it will look nice

·
Registered
14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Son of a Gun Grey Metallic
3,074 Posts
I mentioned in my mod thread. A small diameter G4 LED bulb fits the SRX back up lights.
G4 LED Ebay

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What is the actual mod? Take the factory bulb out of the Black Plug Holder?

·
Registered
2016 SRX Performance, 2006 STS 4,
234 Posts
Yes you need to pull the factory bulb out of the black base, use. The bulb that capstan mentioned above , the led has polarity so you when you slide it into the base you need to make sure you have it in the. Correct way or it won't light up

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think ill give it a try. I guess any G4 will work.... Few bucks, its worth a try. Need more light when backing up to see the curb...

Thanks again for the info!!!

What an odd looking bulb, GM must have gotten a good deal on that one....

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
NOT ANY G4 will work. There is a lot of different sizes, G4 seems to just describe the pin connector. It can't be any more than 3 or four LEDs long, and no more than one LED wide.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Spoke too soon.... so is it that the bulb will need to fit through the hole for the stock Odd Ball bulb?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Both the one in the ebay post (it should; appears similar in size to the ones I bought), and any fitting my description will fit into the factory tail light.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What about putting in a G4 20w Halogen? Will it be brighter than the stock bulb?

·
Registered
2015 SRX Lux. Cocoa Bronze 3.6 V-6
126 Posts
This seems like a simple enough Mod. if we get the Right (G4) Bulb. Has anybody found the correct Bulb and Brightness. Please post the numbers to your bulbs and if they were bright enough. Thanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts