Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of where I can buy a Helm's repair manual for my 1999 STS? I'd like to find it a bit cheaper than the $135 that the dealership is offering.

·
Registered
1999 White Diamond ETC
2,538 Posts
There's also the CD rom version that has all GM cars up to the current models. I got a set from an aussie dude for ~$28 including shipping.

on the 'bay

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,785 Posts
If anyone spots an '02 on Ebay, let me know. I've had no luck yet. I suspect they haven't hit the used market yet.

·
Registered
1996 Eldorado Sport Coupe, 2009 Black Navigator
5,032 Posts
Looking for 96 Eldo Helms Manual. Appreciate help, willing to buy off someone on forum as well. Thanks.

·
Registered
2008 SRX-V8, 1991 Eldorado
1,543 Posts
I am really skeptical about the eBay 5 CD set that Kale posted.

I am not suggesting that it is not any good, but $40 to learn it was not the original FSM, would be a big disappointment.

If anyone has the nodes to give it a shot.....let us know!

·
Registered
85 Eldo Biarritz
808 Posts
I tried Mitchell CD set and they are crap compared to the Helm Paper Manuals.
One good thing they had was the TSBs.

Why not try ordering manuals directly from Helm?
I think it is http://helminc.com

Peteski

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,785 Posts
In my case, I am under warranty til Feb. '08. so I am not in a hurry. Thought I might be able to save $75 or so.

·
Registered
66 Posts
You can set up an ebay search which will email you results every week. Search for something like "2002, seville, repair, manual" (check the Search title and description box), then click the add to favorite searches link and set additional parameters. You should be able to find one pretty easily. I bought two manuals for my 99 for around $30 each.

Kale

1 - 13 of 13 Posts