Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 dts performance. The car does not have the flash to pass feature and none of the 2006's on the local dealers lot also. Has any one else noticed but me?? I think it is a basic safety feature.
Also, has anyone heard of how to make this feature work.
Thanks, Chris

·
Registered
77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB
10,022 Posts
Mine has it. Just pull the turn signal stalk towards you, and the high beams go on. Release it, and the high beams go off. Same as on my 03 DHS.:confused:

·
Registered
2011 DTS Platinum
4,633 Posts
Mine has it. Just pull the turn signal stalk towards you, and the high beams go on. Release it, and the high beams go off. Same as on my 03 DHS.:confused:

Mine will do that at NIGHT when the headlights are ON .... but not during the day when the DRL are on.

My 2006 Chevy Express van will flash brights during the daytime, when you pull the lever towards you, but my 2006 Performance Sedan will not.

Also you can turn OFF the DRL on the van .. you can not turn them off on the Cadillac .... not that I want to. :)

Jim from Texas

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
Several of the new Sigma cars with HID lamps do not have this feature during the day.
The reason is that the high beams are actually not bulbs or a change in the lighting, there is just a little door that blocks part of the beam on low. On high beams the door is lifted up and the rest of the light is exposed.

Flash to pass was eliminated because it is too hard on the arc tubes and HID system to strike them up just for a flash. I think the door still moves, but without the arc tubes lit there is no light flash.
There was an error in the owner's manuals that indicate the feature is still available, but it depends really on the type of lighting system on the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts