Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
1,164 Posts
As Eldyfig said, we need to know which one of your O2 sensors need to be changed. There are 4 of them. They are numbered as follows:

Bank 1, Sensor 1: In the exhaust manifold for the front cylinder bank
Bank 1, Sensor 2: Just in front of the catalytic converter
Bank 1, Sensor 3: Just behind the catalytic converter
Bank 2, Sensor 1: In the exhaust manifold for the rear cylinder bank

The process of changing a sensor depends on where it is. In general, though, you will need an oxygen sensor socket or crow's foot tool to remove and install it, and you can borrow one of those from some auto parts stores such as AutoZone and Pep Boys, etc. They generally charge a small deposit and you get it all back when you return the tool. When you get a new sensor, the AC-Delco sensors are preferred over Bosch sensors. There are two part numbers, one for the B1S1 and B2S1 sensors and one for the B1S2 and B1S3 sensors. Make sure you get the right one. If you are getting a code for the sensor, tell us what it is and we can detail the whole process for you.

·
1,164 Posts

·
1,164 Posts
chiucheung said:
i remember some of the codes is u1128, u1301, b1344 p1611
Unfortunately none of those are O2 sensor codes. Here is what they mean:

P1611 - Loss of CVRTD Serial Data
U1128 - Loss of Communications with IRC
U1301 - Class 2 Short to Battery
B1344 - HeaterDefrost/AC Door Movement Fault

From those codes, it looks like you may have a wiring problem or a failing module perhaps, maybe just an intermittent connector somewhere. I don't know anything about the B1344 though.

·
Registered
1998 Seville STS
20 Posts
Just a note for others that may try to access their codes. My '98 has dials for adjusting the heat, not up and down buttons, so I had to follow the procedure on the web site for the 2000 and up Seville. Push the on/off button for the driver information center and the up button of the up/down button two buttons to the left at the same time. This gets you into the diagnostic mode.

Is this a difference between the STS and SLS, or is it due to a specific option? What's the deal?

·
Registered
'87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)
3,703 Posts
The HVAC buttons are only used for the Previous gen. Devilles and Sevilles. 1998 and up Sevilles use the Info and On/Off to access codes. Someone probably just gave you the intructions for an older model.

·
Registered
1998 Seville STS
20 Posts
I got my info off of this website which I see referenced a lot on here.

http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/cadidiag.html

It refers to late 90's OBDII cars and then 2000s OBDII cars. Just wanted to make people with 98 and 99 cars aware of the fact that they actually fall under the 2000s section just in case it confused them like it did me at first.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts