Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2009 DTS-L
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many o2 sensors does the DTS-L have? ALLDATADIY says 3, bank 1-1,102 and 2-1. Advanced auto says 4-banks 1-1,1-2, 2-1, 2-2.

Thaks.

-Kevin

·
Registered
2009 DTS-L
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I replaced the throttle control position sensor about a month ago. bought the part through AutoZone/Advanced Auto...not sure which. Anyhow, acceleration is scary, after dealing with a sluggish accel for many months. However, the throttle position sensor may be open or shorted internally...check connector and wiring to sensor are the cited Probable causes...
could this be because I didn't disconnect the battery ground cable?
Thanks again chopperb.

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
If it was an Autozone Duralast part, it's complete garbage. Not the least bit surprising that it failed. If there's no obvious damage to the wiring or connector, replace it with a quality new part, or salvage yard AC Delco.

No damage from replacing it with the battery connected.

·
Registered
2009 DTS-L
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
...while replacing the throttle contorl position sensor?

----------

It was the part complete with the gas pedal...same garbage???

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
If it was Duralast, it's garbage.

Denso is an OE supplier, they'll do just fine.

·
Registered
2009 DTS-L
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok cool. I think I will just get a new Throttle Control from the dealer since I'll be putting in new O2 sensors. going to the mechanic in a few.

Thanks for your help MoistCabbage.

·
Registered
2009 DTS-L
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had all 3 O2 sensors replaced this weekend (Saturday). Was running much smoother and quieter. Sunday, idle was a litttle rough but not as bad before the replace. Computer scan not reporting any O2 codes but the check engine light is still on. Should I replace the Throttle position control sensor with the OEM (OE) version of the part? Recommendations please.

-Kevin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts