Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
None :(
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Exactly how many o2 sensors are there on the exhaust, manifold, whatever; on the 2000 Cadillac Catera? I had the car in, they supposedly fixed something and then the light came on again, and they are getting the same code again so its back in the shop. Im thinking they're missing a sensor, because on most cars you'll get the same code on all of the sensors.

bouncer: :mad: :xevileye:

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
I think there are 3 or 4.... There should be 2 on each manifold, and then there should be one or 2 past the cats (depending on your exhaust setup)......

Usually the ones that are on the manifolds go first....

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably should have re-worded my question,
I dont mean to put you down or anything.. but what i was really asking for is say an exact spec or some sort of diagram on any thing related to it. Thanks though for the help elwesso.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
So you wanna know where there located? Or how to test them??

Youd be surprised what you come up with on google.... When i was helping another member with their catera IAC, I typed in 1997 cadillac catera IAC and got a good description in 5mins....

Whatever you can come up with, be sure to post it here...

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My real problem here, is that id acually like to inspect what- if any work was done on the car. BECAUSE...

I took it in the first time, they said it was the o2 sensor... supposedly it got fixed and the light was off... for about 2 days, then came on again. So i took it in again and they said the o2 sensor was not properly screwed into the exhaust, i get it back and after only about 20 miles.. the light comes on again. SO now im beginning to wonder if they acually have been doing anything or not, so im taking it in again and im going to give them some greif. But in return id like to know where the friggen things are and tell if they were replaced or not.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
What I would do is make marks on the threads and stuff like that, that way if they dont line up you can tell they did something.... If they do, then they didnt do aynthing.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts