Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1991 sdv and i'm trying to find out where the o2 sensors are located. i was told there are two on the 4.9l v8 i think i found onf of them on the rear of the engine on the exhaust manifold next to the fire wall, but i can't find the other one if there is one? any ideas? thx...:banghead:

·
Registered
13 Challenger RT, 11 CTS Coupe Premium, 94 Eldorado (RIP)
1,306 Posts
OBD2 vehicles (96 and newer) were equipped with 2 sensors. The second is located after the cat converter. It monitors catalyst performance.

Like Ranger said, I also think you only have one sensor.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
Yep, '94 will be OBD-I, they only had one sensor, usually a single wire sensor at that.

As stated above, OBD-II can have anywhere from 2 to 4 or 5 sensors depending on the engine and configuration of the exhaust system.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well it's a 4.9l with the factory single exhaust. it's not the touring edition, just a run of the mill sedan de ville.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thanks guys, i found the o2 sensor and replaced it. but i can't get the service engine soon light to go out....

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,785 Posts
Clear the code through the onboard diagnostics, pull the battery power or just drive it. It will go out after three ignition cycles with no faults being detected, assuming that it was the O2 sensor that triggered the SES light.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts