Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a Nucleus kit from a link I found here on another thread. Integrated Solutions was the supplier. I noticed after I installed it that the TC traction control light was coming on by itself, then the Service Theft system was coming on the Nav screen. Thinking it was something else, the car has spent about two weeks at the dealer, still the same issues. I finally put two and two together today, thinking that the Nucleus install was when it all started. If I don't activate the Nucleus, no problems. As soon as I use it, wierd problems. Now the door chime activates for no reason when exiting the car. I really like the Nucleus, but I can't live with these issues?

Anyone had this problem and found a fix? I found the same sort of crazyness with the Nucleus on the Corvette board.

Removing the Nucleus tomorrow.

Michael :confused:

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
As soon as I use it, wierd problems. Now the door chime activates for no reason when exiting the car.
WTF! The door chime activates when the doors are opened? That is weird!

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, The Tony Show, what do you recomend?

I'm sending a letter to American International Industries, the company that makes the Nucleus, explaining the problems and asking what they are going to do to fix them.

I really like the Nucleus functionality. I also have a Kenwood Keg 60G that another company is working on an interface to our radios. The Kenwood Keg and the Phat Noise Box are the same. I see that GM now offers the Phat Noise in some cars.

Michael

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
My comment wasn't aimed at you Groundhog, rather the people who called me foolish for paying a little more for the GM iConnect kit. It doesn't have quite as many features as the Nucleus, but has been validated by GM as an "Authorized Accessory", meaning it doesn't do any of this goofy stuff.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No offense taken. :) I'm just looking for answers and I appretiate your responce. My next step was to look at the GM kit. As you stated I chose the Nucleus because of the features. I need to see what I am giving up on the GM kit.

Thanks

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
The only way to find songs with iConnect is "Playlist".

Basically, you need to organize your playlists on the iPod before connecting to the car. Choose whatever method you prefer for finding songs (artist, genre, album, song title), and organize your playlists that way.

I set mine up by Genre (Rock, Metal, Pop, etc), so those are the only choices I have when looking for songs. You can also access Apple's premade playlists with the iConnect, such as "Recently added", "Top 25 listened to", and "All Songs".

·
Registered
05' CTS-V
3,718 Posts
^^ Thats how my Radios and more kit works too, but I can shuffle every song if I want too.....didn't I read the nucleus fried a BCM in a vette??? And weren't all the CTS guys that bought them having a bunch of problems too??? Oh well...

My Advice is return the POS and buy the iConnect, simply because you have to jump through too many loops for the radios and more to work now...their new one requires you to replace the xm module...don't understand why..but this is how it is...so go for the iConnect.

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6 V-6
10 Posts
What the hell are the Kenwood Keg 60G and the Pat Noise Box? Interesting names.
Kenwood Keg and PhatNoise are removeable hard drives (up to about 80GB now, I think). You plug it into an adapter that connects to the USB on your computer and copy your music to the hard drive. Then you take it and plug it into the adapter in your car and play the music. Works pretty much like the Ipod adapter is "supposed" to work, but without extra cables or other loose stuff rolling around in the car.

My wife has the PhatNoise system in her '06 Chevy Uplander minivan. It also plays videos on the screen in back. It was/is a factory option, so it is totally integrated with the factory head unit. Really cool - wish the Caddy had one! Check it out at phatnoise.com.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts