Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
2016 ELR / 2019 RAM Limited
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand this topic may be a bit :tisk: in the forum ... to be totally honest I want the DVD video unlocked so my Kid can watch her Dora the Explorer ... and because I cant seem to get enough dora during the evenings and weekends :banghead:...

Anyways, which is the better product? Figured this would be the place to ask as there are probably lots of users with both devices. Oh and btw, up here in Canada I could watch all the TV/DVD I want while driving down the road ... as long as its "handsfree" if that makes any sense :cookoo:.

Thanks ahead of time for your input.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool thanks, I just want one that doesn't interfere with any of the other onboard features. Does your lockpick have any effect on your other stuff .. NAV,Bluetooth .. etc?

·
Registered
2008 CTS4
281 Posts
I honestly haven't gotten it for my CTS yet, but I had the Lockpick on my STS. No problems with anything else, and I had nav and bluetooth on that one as well...worked great. I don't have any reservations about picking it up for my CTS, just haven't gotten around to it yet. It was relatively easy to install (plug and play), looks a little more involved getting access to radio with CTS, but still not too bad, just be careful taking off the dash/console pieces.

·
Registered
2017 CTS V-Sport; 2018 Escalade Platinium
52 Posts
The install isn't bad, just watch the install video and you should be able to do it in under 30 minutes. I picked up a used one on ebay from a guy doing a lease turn in, think I paid $90 for it.

·
Registered
2008 CTS4
281 Posts
I picked up a used one on ebay from a guy doing a lease turn in, think I paid $90 for it.
Great deal! If anyone else out there has a used one they want to get rid of...I'd be interested. I just really hate how it won't even let the passenger enter a new address in the nav while moving. I know what they were thinking, but c'mon!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies ... anybody in the Northern US or Canada have any experience. I know sometimes when electronics are subjected to harsh climate (ie. -40C) they can fizzle out like alka seltzer when the get turned on it those temps.

cheers!

·
Registered
2017 CTS V-Sport; 2018 Escalade Platinium
52 Posts
Most electronics without moving parts are typically ok. I would be more concerned about a hard drive based system (even through they are not the typical computer hard drive).

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac CTS VSport
2,318 Posts
We cant do $90 but we do have the best price on brand new ones.... $199
Here is the link if your interested.. CTS Lockpick

·
Registered
2008 CTS4
281 Posts
Works for me...I just ordered one too. Another thing I have to do this spring...although I did finally have it out of the garage last Friday as we finally got some decent weather. You forget how nice this car is until you take it out after driving a '03 Mercury Sable for nearly 5 months.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You forget how nice this car is until you take it out after driving a '03 Mercury Sable for nearly 5 months.
Yah just a small difference there!! Lol :rofl: be honest i like mine so much I might get a winter beater next year.

·
Registered
2008 CTS4
281 Posts
i like mine so much I might get a winter beater next year.
It's kind of stupid because my CTS AWD is built for winter and what's the point of heated seats if I never get to use them? On the other hand, winter is when most of the bad stuff happens to cars and it's nice to know that road salt won't be eating away it. On a morning like this (another 6" of heavy snow) and having to drive a POS with a defroster that barely works...I nearly pulled my CTS back out though, but I've lasted this long without it...what's a few more weeks?

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac CTS VSport
2,318 Posts
We cant do $90 but we do have the best price on brand new ones.... $199
Here is the link if your interested..

tomm-how about a coupon code for forum members?
We make very little on these. If you shop them you will see everyone is $249 or higher on these. We don't focus on lockpicks as its not our main business but because we value this forum we get stock on them really only for the forum members here and we have them priced at a discount. If you go to our website you will not find them unless you search for them so only the people that come from this forum will know we even sell them.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Tom,

I was looking on your website at the Beltronics STi Driver, would this device work on a motorcycle? Where it could get exposed to rain etc? I really like the technology built into and would love to be able to transfer it from the CTS to my bike.

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac CTS VSport
2,318 Posts
Hi Tom,

I was looking on your website at the Beltronics STi Driver, would this device work on a motorcycle? Where it could get exposed to rain etc? I really like the technology built into and would love to be able to transfer it from the CTS to my bike.

Your thoughts?
Many people use the Sti Driver, 9500ix, Redline Etc. on their bikes and you can buy special mounts online for radar detectors made for specific bikes but none of them are weatherproof. If its exposed to rain and moisture the detector will not survive.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts