Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I know what'cha hate about your CTS's, what do you love about them? I know we all love the styling, and the way we can mod our rides...but what about little touches that make a difference?

The most fav on my list is a CTS stick shift. I had a gripe with the catera because it wasn't offered with a stick. Matter of fact, I would have passed on the CTS if a manual tranny wasn't offered. That would've been a shame.

I also love the steering wheel disign, most notably the volume control knob, the round programable buttons, the Zebrano(?) wood, and the intergrated criuse buttons. I get a kick oout of pressing the talk button and hear my CTS speak to me.....thankfully it sounds like a woman.

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
I am happy you started this opposed to the hate thread!
I was totally thrilled about the voice control! I bought the CTS used and I didn't even know about packages and what they come with. I found out later I bought a complete lux sport package :rolleyes:. See, I found the car on the internet and made this 4 1/2 train trip into formal East Germany (let me tell you, that was an interesting train trip!). When I drove off from the dealer, there was no nav dvd in the system so I thought it was gone. A bit disappointed I drove back to Hamburg. At home I pulled out the manual and found the nav dvd! I checked out all the functions out of the manual and I found this voice control button. You should've seen the smirk on my face when I commanded "what can I say"! :D Do you also have this lady voice with the brittish accent? Apart from that I can also choose French and German, but I leave it on English. I guess you have spanish as option?

I love the smooth solid wood on my steering wheel. It really feels nice.

I love the birdview in my navigation. You can look further ahead and anticipate on the turns and curves better. It would really be great to combine such with the HUD night vision, so your route would be projected on the windscreen (dreams...)

I love the leather of my interior. It's nice and thick quality.

I love the style of the break light. There is no other car with such a design. Most cars have this 3rd break light behind the rear window or a small oval shaped line in the trunk lid or spoiler (boring!).

I love the OEM wheels. And a detail to that: how many cars out there have the same wheel in the trunk as a spare wheel?! I just love that!

I love the sound of my Bose. The sound is really clear and balanced. For example: the 300C I drove last 3 days had 9" speakers in the front door (Boston sound system). The bass was a little too overwelming... maybe that's why people looked at me as if I was a gangster.

I love the ride. It's not totally European, but maybe that's why I like it. The swaggy style wouldn't work for me here and personally that stiff BMW ride neither.

I love it's exclusiveness over here. The car gets a lot of attention that way! Also with the women! And my dealer/workshop knows me by name.

I love the interior lighting. It's not too bright but complete.

I love the leg room in the rear. I don't sit there, but it pleases me that any passenger in the back is comfortable.

I love the trunk space. It's hughe! And that bagage net comes in handy. And still there's a spare heel in there!

Other than some people, I do love the sharp lines in my interior. I do agree the should've used another pattern on the material, but still I am very pleased.

I love it's power. I know it's 'just' a 3.2, but that is still rare in Europe. I know there is technology out there to put a lot more efficiency out of an engine, but I am still very happy with what I have. For an american car it's pretty fuel efficient and I love it being so quiet at cruise speeds. The full throttle sound is ok too. That 300C I drove has a 3.5 V6, but the full throttle sound is too high to my taste.

Other than drivers in front of me, I love my HID's. I have a clear view in front of me. I had once a driver in Holland in a small car that gave me the finger because she was blinded via her mirrors when I passed her gradually on the freeway. I guess blasting by would be better? :histeric:

I love the simple packages. Now that I know of them at least. Just chose out of three engines, three packages and some options. Makes it all very easy to chose. Other than BMW which has numerous packages (30 styles 3 series) and options (which you pay for big time).

I just love my CTS!!!

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
I am also happy it's longer than my hate/suggest list! ;)

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6L 6spd manual
13 Posts
It is hard to add anything to Eldo's list...its pretty darn complete.

I shopped close to a dozen cars before purchasing my CTS: BMW 330Ci, Subaru Legacy GT, Lexus IS300, Porsche Boxster, Honda Accord Coupe, Infinity G35 Coupe, Ford Mustang, Acura TL plus others that weren't even memorable.

I am 6'-7" tall and 270lbs. The CTS was the ONLY vehicle that had the right mix of power, 6spd manual, style and presence and handling that I fit into comfortably. GM really, really hit a home run with this car.

While my CTS was in the shop, the dealer gave me a Grand Am to drive. WHAT A PIECE OF JUNK!! I can't believe this car was made by the same corporation. I don't understand how anyone could buy such a simply awful vehicle.

·
Registered
108 Posts
This is the first 6 cylinder engined car I have owned that acts like a V8, and gets terrific mileage as a bonus. I love watching people coming over to have a closer look when it is parked in the mall.

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s
2,449 Posts
GrafAnton said:
It is hard to add anything to Eldo's list...its pretty darn complete.
I shopped close to a dozen cars before purchasing my CTS: BMW 330Ci, Subaru Legacy GT, Lexus IS300, Porsche Boxster, Honda Accord Coupe, Infinity G35 Coupe, Ford Mustang, Acura TL plus others that weren't even memorable.
I am 6'-7" tall and 270lbs. The CTS was the ONLY vehicle that had the right mix of power, 6spd manual, style and presence and handling that I fit into comfortably. GM really, really hit a home run with this car.
While my CTS was in the shop, the dealer gave me a Grand Am to drive. WHAT A PIECE OF JUNK!! I can't believe this car was made by the same corporation. I don't understand how anyone could buy such a simply awful vehicle.
because they couldn't afford a cadillac???

I love how balanced the car is. I like that the 3.6L has better weight distribution then the V. That almost makes up for the missing 145 hp :)
I like the seats, a good mix between comfort and sport. Just like everything else on this car. A great mix between comfort and sport. This car is 95% complete for its price range...hopefully the new CTS will be 100% :)

·
Registered
CTS
558 Posts
  1. Exterior Styling
  2. Feature Rich (I have the Luxury Sport Package with Nav)
  3. Performance, Performance, Performance
  4. The sound of the engine when in sport mode and accelerating from 65 to 80 mph.
I know I don't have the V, but the 3.6 kicks total ass. I was driving to a Christmas party last night, and I had soooo much fun. I love the sound of the engine when going from 65 to 80 when in sport mode.

:cool2:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts