Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my V-shocks in today that I bought off E-bay. I think they'll go well with the Eibach springs I got from Krank a few weeks ago (Thanks Krank!!!). Well, the budgets completely shot for now, but once I get some more money I'll have to start looking for a set of Eibach sways, then I can get it all installed.

Pics!!!

:cool2:

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
Doc, you don't have to wait for sway bars to install the shocks and springs! I'm still running the stock bars until another member (who remain anonymous until I get them!) upgrades his V sways and recycles them to me. The sway install is much easier than shocks and springs.

I'll have a set of front spring shims in the priority mail tomorrow. There are three sets 4.5mm, 6mm, and 7mm. I checked, and I used the 7mm shims which kept my drop to somewhere around 0.8" to 0.9". You can pick which ones you want to use.

If anyone else wants to try some shims for the V shocks with Eibachs, I've got a set of 4.5mm and 6mm left, that WildWhl made for me. To install them, you slide the rubber spring isolator off the strut, slide a spacer on, then replace the rubber isolator. They'll have to be modified (cut) to work with regular CTS struts, as the lower spring mount is shaped like the top of the rubber isolator . . . . spiral shaped, instead of flat, like the V version.

·
Registered
None
987 Posts
How much did thoose cost you off ebay?

Eventually i'd like to upgrade all my suspension components to V-Series specs

Shocks, Struts, Sway bars, 18" rims

I think the credit card companies had my car addiction in mind when they gave me thier latest and greatest A.P.R

:)

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ody - thanks for sending the spacers. I'll also probably go with the 7mm. Unfortunately this stuff will be sitting around for a bit until I save up the cash for installation.

AsAkAs - the shocks were $150 on e-bay. And I'm in the same boat with the credit card companies. I'm watching very carefully to make sure I dont put myself in a position to mess up my credit, but they make it so easy.

I've got a "get rich quick" scheme lined up though. Several months back I put down a reserve for the X-box 360. If I can squeeze it onto the credit card, I'll easily double my money on e-bay. If I can hold onto it until about 2 to 3 weeks before Christmas when all the parents realize they can't get one, I bet I could make even more.

·
Registered
None
987 Posts
DDS rollin a CTS said:
Ody - thanks for sending the spacers. I'll also probably go with the 7mm. Unfortunately this stuff will be sitting around for a bit until I save up the cash for installation.

AsAkAs - the shocks were $150 on e-bay. And I'm in the same boat with the credit card companies. I'm watching very carefully to make sure I dont put myself in a position to mess up my credit, but they make it so easy.

I've got a "get rich quick" scheme lined up though. Several months back I put down a reserve for the X-box 360. If I can squeeze it onto the credit card, I'll easily double my money on e-bay. If I can hold onto it until about 2 to 3 weeks before Christmas when all the parents realize they can't get one, I bet I could make even more.
HaHa, you and I think alike, always havin a plan for the next latest and greatest :-D

·
Registered
356 Posts
Doc, they're looking great, good to see they made it there alright. I'm glad that someone took them off my hands who has good taste :) Can't wait to see them installed; keep us posted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts