Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
00' sts
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, check it....i take the door panel off, and then precede to take off the greyish-brown plastic panel that covers the shell of the door. suffice it to say, that even with panel pliers, i busted everyone of the plugs and the panel itself. it mustve been dry-rotted or something. ANYWAY, i get to the motor and take it out. what i found is that the braided metal cord that does all the pulling is all mangled up and way off track! i mess with this for a while but come to the conclusion that a.) im never gonna get the wire to be smooth enough for operation... and b.) i wasnt exactly sure where the wire was supposed to go.

my question to you guys is; the bracket that it is mounted to and that holds the glass is fine, but do i need a new motor? or new cord?

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,559 Posts
Check the Tech Tips section. There is a write-up in there that MAY answer your question.

·
Registered
98 STS
295 Posts
if it's anything like my 98 STS it's all one piece or part number, kind of looks like a cross bow, and it can be bought at rock auto for about $250.00 orso

1 - 3 of 3 Posts